SALT LAKE CITY — Utah State Veterans Nursing Home in Salt Lake City is competing against three other nonprofit organizations across the country in The Home Depot Foundation's Facebook voting program for a chance to receive $25,000.
Voting begins Nov. 1 and runs through Nov. 30 at www.facebook.com/homedepotfoundation.
The organization with the most votes will win a $25,000 gift card and be in the running for the grand prize of $250,000 at the end of the yearlong program. The runner-up organizations from each month will receive $5,000 in The Home Depot gift cards.
The other nonprofit organizations competing against the Utah State Veterans Home are the Minnesota Veterans Home in Minneapolis, New England Center for Homeless Veterans in Boston, and VFW Post 2681 in Marietta, Ga.
"Being selected for the Aprons in Action Program is an honor, and we are so thankful for the recognition," said Jeff Hanson, state representative at Utah State Veterans Home.
He said if the Utah home wins, the gift card would go toward improving the facilities outdoor area.
The Utah State Veterans Home, which opened in 1998, is home to 81 veteran residents and veteran spouses.
For more information and to view the program rules, visit The Home Depot on Facebook or go to www.homedepotfoundation.org.
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- West Nile activity discovered in four Utah...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12