SALT LAKE CITY — Utah State Veterans Nursing Home in Salt Lake City is competing against three other nonprofit organizations across the country in The Home Depot Foundation's Facebook voting program for a chance to receive $25,000.
Voting begins Nov. 1 and runs through Nov. 30 at www.facebook.com/homedepotfoundation.
The organization with the most votes will win a $25,000 gift card and be in the running for the grand prize of $250,000 at the end of the yearlong program. The runner-up organizations from each month will receive $5,000 in The Home Depot gift cards.
The other nonprofit organizations competing against the Utah State Veterans Home are the Minnesota Veterans Home in Minneapolis, New England Center for Homeless Veterans in Boston, and VFW Post 2681 in Marietta, Ga.
"Being selected for the Aprons in Action Program is an honor, and we are so thankful for the recognition," said Jeff Hanson, state representative at Utah State Veterans Home.
He said if the Utah home wins, the gift card would go toward improving the facilities outdoor area.
The Utah State Veterans Home, which opened in 1998, is home to 81 veteran residents and veteran spouses.
For more information and to view the program rules, visit The Home Depot on Facebook or go to www.homedepotfoundation.org.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17