SALT LAKE CITY — Utah State Veterans Nursing Home in Salt Lake City is competing against three other nonprofit organizations across the country in The Home Depot Foundation's Facebook voting program for a chance to receive $25,000.
Voting begins Nov. 1 and runs through Nov. 30 at www.facebook.com/homedepotfoundation.
The organization with the most votes will win a $25,000 gift card and be in the running for the grand prize of $250,000 at the end of the yearlong program. The runner-up organizations from each month will receive $5,000 in The Home Depot gift cards.
The other nonprofit organizations competing against the Utah State Veterans Home are the Minnesota Veterans Home in Minneapolis, New England Center for Homeless Veterans in Boston, and VFW Post 2681 in Marietta, Ga.
"Being selected for the Aprons in Action Program is an honor, and we are so thankful for the recognition," said Jeff Hanson, state representative at Utah State Veterans Home.
He said if the Utah home wins, the gift card would go toward improving the facilities outdoor area.
The Utah State Veterans Home, which opened in 1998, is home to 81 veteran residents and veteran spouses.
For more information and to view the program rules, visit The Home Depot on Facebook or go to www.homedepotfoundation.org.
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Sandy man gets prison time in $1.5 million...
- New Salt Lake fire chief caught in political...
- Larry H. Miller family pulls Tooele County...
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after...
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's refusal to...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 36
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 20
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12