SALT LAKE CITY — Utah State Veterans Nursing Home in Salt Lake City is competing against three other nonprofit organizations across the country in The Home Depot Foundation's Facebook voting program for a chance to receive $25,000.
Voting begins Nov. 1 and runs through Nov. 30 at www.facebook.com/homedepotfoundation.
The organization with the most votes will win a $25,000 gift card and be in the running for the grand prize of $250,000 at the end of the yearlong program. The runner-up organizations from each month will receive $5,000 in The Home Depot gift cards.
The other nonprofit organizations competing against the Utah State Veterans Home are the Minnesota Veterans Home in Minneapolis, New England Center for Homeless Veterans in Boston, and VFW Post 2681 in Marietta, Ga.
"Being selected for the Aprons in Action Program is an honor, and we are so thankful for the recognition," said Jeff Hanson, state representative at Utah State Veterans Home.
He said if the Utah home wins, the gift card would go toward improving the facilities outdoor area.
The Utah State Veterans Home, which opened in 1998, is home to 81 veteran residents and veteran spouses.
For more information and to view the program rules, visit The Home Depot on Facebook or go to www.homedepotfoundation.org.
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 22
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15