Like Bosgieter, Vigil has plenty of admiration for his fellow senior teammate.
"He's one of the best corners I've ever seen play," Vigil said of Stucki. "He plays great coverage, he's really smart, and you hardly ever see him drop a pass. "That catch he had in that overtime game and all that contact, that was huge. He makes big plays for us all the time."
Vigil, like Stucki and the rest of the Wolves' players and coaches, have dreamed about winning a state championship for a long time. Now, they're one more win away from turning that dream into a glorious reality.
But standing in their way is a talent-laden Lone Peak team that hasn't lost all season long, and has its own sights set on taking home that title trophy.
"I always went to the state playoff games with my Dad up at Rice-Eccles when I was younger," Vigil said. "When you're that little, you never think you're going to get a chance to play in a game like that. So when you finally do, it's something special. You'd never think that when you go watch those games when you're that age that you'd ever be playing in one.
"We know they're a great team and it's going to take our best game to beat 'em. We have to play the full game, we can't take any plays off. We're going to have to play every play the best we've played all year, and it's going to take everybody being at their best to beat these guys. We know how good they are."
But there's another pretty darned good team, the one from Fremont, that'll be taking the field on Friday afternoon, too. And if Vigil and Stucki have anything to say about it, the Wolves will be walking off that field feeling plenty proud themselves.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30