Paul Vathis, Associated Press
In regards to Amy Donaldson's recent article ("Penn State shouldn't play again this season," Nov. 14). Don't punish the football players for the mistakes of a man not related to the team. Penn State needs football more now than ever.
Jerry Sandusky's horrific actions took place nearly a decade ago. Most PSU players were in junior high when he committed his offenses. They have put in years of hard work to get to the college level. Don't take that away from them because of one man's actions. Punish those with knowledge of the abuse, but leave the players alone.
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are...
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are... 36
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 27