Paul Vathis, Associated Press
In regards to Amy Donaldson's recent article ("Penn State shouldn't play again this season," Nov. 14). Don't punish the football players for the mistakes of a man not related to the team. Penn State needs football more now than ever.
Jerry Sandusky's horrific actions took place nearly a decade ago. Most PSU players were in junior high when he committed his offenses. They have put in years of hard work to get to the college level. Don't take that away from them because of one man's actions. Punish those with knowledge of the abuse, but leave the players alone.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32