Paul Vathis, Associated Press
In regards to Amy Donaldson's recent article ("Penn State shouldn't play again this season," Nov. 14). Don't punish the football players for the mistakes of a man not related to the team. Penn State needs football more now than ever.
Jerry Sandusky's horrific actions took place nearly a decade ago. Most PSU players were in junior high when he committed his offenses. They have put in years of hard work to get to the college level. Don't take that away from them because of one man's actions. Punish those with knowledge of the abuse, but leave the players alone.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 31
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24