Romney favored in Fla.
The poll also showed Romney with a 40 percent favorable rating among all Florida voters and a 28 percent unfavorable rating -- better than Obama's 47 percent favorable-48 percent unfavorable or other GOP candidates' numbers.
In addition to a 65 percent favorable score with Republicans, 39 percent of independents viewed Romney favorably, with 29 percent having an unfavorable opinion. Republicans Cain, Gingrich and Perry all had net unfavorable ratings with independents.
But among GOP voters, Romney got 21 percent of the vote, trailing Cain's 27 percent and only a few points ahead of Gingrich's 17 percent.
'A lot of work to do'
Palm Beach County Tea Party Chairwoman Pam Wohlschlegel, a Cain supporter, said tea party voters will support Romney if he is the GOP nominee. But she wasn't sure how fervent that support would be.
''That would be a concern -- just getting people out to do work. That could be a problem. I think the votes probably are there, but you need the workers to pull in the other votes," said Wohlschlegel, who is also state coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots group.
''Romney still has a lot of work to do to get people behind him if he gets the nomination. They might vote for him, but they won't work for him," said Brendan Steinhauser, director of federal and state campaigns for FreedomWorks, the Washington-based group that has been influential in the tea party movement.
But Crowe, the "real conservative" Palm Beach County Tea Party member, said he and other activists are so determined to oust Obama that they could put aside their reservations about Romney.
'' We're going to work for whoever (Obama's challenger) is," Crowe said. "We've got to get rid of him."
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- US: IS earns $1M per day in black market oil...
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious Liberty...
- Inspector: 'Serious lapse' at Secret Service
- #ThrowbackThursday: Why do we love the '90s?
- Threat to break isolation in Liberia over food
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 114
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 22
- California orders churches, others to... 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 18
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- At rallies, Obama casts 2014 as key for... 8
- This type of high school can increase... 8
- Kerry: 'Irresponsible' not to aid Kurds... 7