Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel could miss the remainder of the season after sustaining what coach Todd Haley is calling a "significant" injury to his throwing hand.
Cassel hurt his right hand near the end of the Chiefs' 17-10 loss to Denver on Sunday. The injury appeared to occur when Cassel was sacked by Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller, though Haley wasn't sure if it was the hit or the way Cassel landed on the turf that caused it.
Haley refused to say whether the team would put the former Pro Bowl quarterback on injured reserve. But he did say "it's a possibility" when asked whether he'd miss the rest of the season.
Tyler Palko is expected to start Monday night at New England.
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 23
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22