Brown, though, knocked his kickoff out of bounds, giving it to the Browns at the 40. Quarterback McCoy, helped by a personal foul for horse collaring by the Rams, moved Cleveland to the St. Louis 9. But that's where the Browns, who haven't scored a touchdown in more than 123 consecutive minutes at home, got conservative.
After a run by Chris Ogbonnaya, starting because Peyton Hillis and Montario Hardesty are hurt, picked up 1 yard, McCoy handed off to tight end Alex Smith on second down, a questionable call given Smith hasn't had a rushing attempt all season. Smith fumbled as he neared the line, but it was recovered by Cribbs.
Ogbonnaya picked up 3 yards on third down, setting up Dawson to put the Browns ahead.
As Dawson lined up, Bradford was on the sideline devising a two-minute drive with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.
"I was going through my mind the reads I'd have to make and some of the balls I'd have to throw," said Bradford, who went 15 of 26 for 155 yards and beat McCoy, his college rival. "We were talking about what we'd see from them on defense and what we were expecting to call. I was trying to get myself mentally prepared to lead our team back down and score points."
He didn't have to as the Rams, who opened the season 0-6, ran out the clock and got their second win in three weeks.
"Every one of these wins, every one we're going to get the rest of the season, is going to be a scratch, crawl, grab and try to survive just like we did here," said Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo. "Find a way to make a play at the end. Maybe a little luck, we'll take that too."
NOTES: Dawson made kicks of 44, 32, 43 and 27 and converted four field goals in a game 10 times. ... McCoy went 20 of 27 for 218 yards, but the Browns can't find the end zone. They are the only team in the league that hasn't scored a TD in the first or third quarters. ... Spagnuolo said CB Al Harris and TE Michael Hoomanawanui have "significant" knee injuries. Both will have MRIs on Monday. ... Jackson has 30 career games over 100 yards, second in team history to Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson's 38.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16