Brett Flashnick, Associated Press
COLUMBIA, S.C. — Quarterback Connor Shaw ran for 88 yards and two touchdowns to lead South Carolina to a 17-12 win over Florida on Saturday.
Freshman Brandon Wilds ran for 120 yards as the No. 15 Gamecocks (8-2, 6-2 Southeastern) pounded the Gators (5-5, 3-5) and left themselves a chance to make it to a second straight SEC title game.
South Carolina led 14-3 after Shaw's sneak just before the half, but Florida rallied. A 2-yard touchdown run by Jacoby Brissett made it 14-12, but the Gators never threatened again.
The win gives South Carolina six SEC victories for the first time since joining the league in 1992. But the Gamecocks will need Georgia to lose to either Auburn on Saturday or Kentucky next week to win the SEC East.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7