Ravell Call, Deseret News
Idaho (2-7) at BYU (6-3)
Saturday, 7:15 p.m.
LaVell Edwards Stadium
Natural grass, Provo
Radio: 1160AM, 102.7FM
Weather: Temperatures in the high 30s with chances of snow.
For Idaho ... The Vandals, coming off a come-from-behind win, have a shot at a big upset on national television.
For BYU ... The Cougars, coming off a bye week, are looking to rebound from a disappointing loss to TCU at Cowboys Stadium.
For Idaho ... The Vandals haven't won back-to-back games since defeating San Jose State and Hawaii in 2009.
For BYU ... The Cougars are 4-0 this season and 27-1 in the last six years when scoring 24 points or more at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
Idaho will win if ... The Vandals can force multiple turnovers and keep the ball away from the Cougar offense.
BYU will win if ... The Cougars are balanced offensively and avoid turnovers and special teams miscues.
player to watch
Riley Nelson, BYU quarterback: The Cougar QB lost his first game as a starter this season against TCU. Can he engineer sustained drives and avoid turnovers against Idaho?
BYU's FRONT SEVEN vs. IDAHO'S RUNNING GAME: The Vandals are expected to try to run the ball against the Cougar defense. Running back Kama Bailey ran for a career-high 163 yards and scored two touchdowns last week in a win over San Jose State.
BYU: Senior linebacker Jordan Pendleton is out for the season with a knee injury.
Idaho hosts Utah State on Nov. 19. BYU hosts New Mexico State on Nov. 19.
Date Opponent Result/Time (TV)
Sept. 3 at Ole Miss W, 14-13
Sept. 10 at Texas L, 17-16
Sept. 17 Utah L, 54-10
Sept. 23 Central Florida W, 24-17
Sept. 30 Utah State W, 27-24
Oct. 8 San Jose State W, 29-16
Oct. 15 at Oregon State W, 38-28
Oct. 22 Idaho State W, 56-3
Oct. 28 at TCU L, 38-28Nov. 12 Idaho7:15 p.m. (ESPN2)
Nov. 19 New Mexico State8:15 p.m. (ESPNU)
Dec. 3 at Hawaii5:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall,...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a repeat...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- BYU offense looking for much better...
- BYU football: Jordan Johnson and Robertson...
- College football predictions: How will... 60
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 44
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 38
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- BYU football: Taysom Hill's experience,... 30
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with... 29