UCLA (5-4, 4-2) at Utah (5-4, 2-4)
Saturday, 4:30 p.m.
Weather: Temperatures in the high 30s with a chance of snow.
For UCLA ... The Bruins enter the game tied for first in the Pac-12 South. They hold the tiebreaker over Arizona State after last week's 29-28 victory over the Sun Devils. A win would move them a step closer to a berth in the title game.
For Utah ... The Utes, who have also won two straight games, still have an outside shot at the division crown. However, their main goal at this point is becoming bowl eligible for the ninth straight season. They're one win away from it.
For UCLA ... The Bruins were 8-0 against the Utes until a 2007 visit to Salt Lake City. UCLA was ranked No. 11 and left town with an embarrassing 44-6 setback at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Utah scored 30 unanswered points in the second half.
For Utah ... After opening their inaugural Pac-12 campaign with losses to USC, Washington, Arizona State and California, the Utes posted back-to-back wins over Oregon State and Arizona. Can they keep the reversal of fortune going?
Player to watch
JOHN WHITE IV, Utah running back: The Pac-12's third-leading rusher (113.7 ypg) faces a UCLA defense that is 11th defending the run. The Bruins are giving up 186.4 yards per game on the ground.
NORM CHOW VS. RICK NEUHEISEL: After working together at UCLA from 2008-10, the former colleagues match wits on opposing sidelines. It remains to be seen if it'll be a wash, or if one of the coaches will have an advantage.
UCLA: USA Today reports that CB Sheldon Price (knee), LB Jordan Zumwalt (hip), OG Chris Ward (knee), S Alex Mascarenas (concussion) and PK Kip Smith (hip) are questionable. S Dietrich Riley (neck) and QB Richard Brehaut (leg) are not expected to play.
Utah: The Utes have seven players out with season-ending injuries, but came out of last week's game at Arizona with just bumps and bruises.
Utah travels to Washington State next Saturday (3 p.m., KJZZ), while UCLA plays host to Colorado.
Date Opponent Time (TV)/result
Sept. 1 vs. Montana St. W, 27-10
Sept. 10 at USC L, 23-14
Sept. 17 at BYU W, 54-10
Oct. 1 vs. Washington L, 31-14
Oct. 8 vs. Arizona St. L, 35-14
Oct. 15 at Pittsburgh W, 26-14
Oct. 22 at California L, 34-10
Oct. 29 vs. Oregon St. W, 27-8
Nov. 5 at Arizona W, 34-21
Nov. 12 vs. UCLA 4:30 p.m. (KJZZ)
Nov. 19at Washington St.3 p.m.
Nov. 25 vs. Colorado 1:30 p.m. (ROOT)
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37