UCLA (5-4, 4-2) at Utah (5-4, 2-4)
Saturday, 4:30 p.m.
Weather: Temperatures in the high 30s with a chance of snow.
For UCLA ... The Bruins enter the game tied for first in the Pac-12 South. They hold the tiebreaker over Arizona State after last week's 29-28 victory over the Sun Devils. A win would move them a step closer to a berth in the title game.
For Utah ... The Utes, who have also won two straight games, still have an outside shot at the division crown. However, their main goal at this point is becoming bowl eligible for the ninth straight season. They're one win away from it.
For UCLA ... The Bruins were 8-0 against the Utes until a 2007 visit to Salt Lake City. UCLA was ranked No. 11 and left town with an embarrassing 44-6 setback at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Utah scored 30 unanswered points in the second half.
For Utah ... After opening their inaugural Pac-12 campaign with losses to USC, Washington, Arizona State and California, the Utes posted back-to-back wins over Oregon State and Arizona. Can they keep the reversal of fortune going?
Player to watch
JOHN WHITE IV, Utah running back: The Pac-12's third-leading rusher (113.7 ypg) faces a UCLA defense that is 11th defending the run. The Bruins are giving up 186.4 yards per game on the ground.
NORM CHOW VS. RICK NEUHEISEL: After working together at UCLA from 2008-10, the former colleagues match wits on opposing sidelines. It remains to be seen if it'll be a wash, or if one of the coaches will have an advantage.
UCLA: USA Today reports that CB Sheldon Price (knee), LB Jordan Zumwalt (hip), OG Chris Ward (knee), S Alex Mascarenas (concussion) and PK Kip Smith (hip) are questionable. S Dietrich Riley (neck) and QB Richard Brehaut (leg) are not expected to play.
Utah: The Utes have seven players out with season-ending injuries, but came out of last week's game at Arizona with just bumps and bruises.
Utah travels to Washington State next Saturday (3 p.m., KJZZ), while UCLA plays host to Colorado.
Date Opponent Time (TV)/result
Sept. 1 vs. Montana St. W, 27-10
Sept. 10 at USC L, 23-14
Sept. 17 at BYU W, 54-10
Oct. 1 vs. Washington L, 31-14
Oct. 8 vs. Arizona St. L, 35-14
Oct. 15 at Pittsburgh W, 26-14
Oct. 22 at California L, 34-10
Oct. 29 vs. Oregon St. W, 27-8
Nov. 5 at Arizona W, 34-21
Nov. 12 vs. UCLA 4:30 p.m. (KJZZ)
Nov. 19at Washington St.3 p.m.
Nov. 25 vs. Colorado 1:30 p.m. (ROOT)
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 67
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 17
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14