UCLA (5-4, 4-2) at Utah (5-4, 2-4)
Saturday, 4:30 p.m.
Weather: Temperatures in the high 30s with a chance of snow.
For UCLA ... The Bruins enter the game tied for first in the Pac-12 South. They hold the tiebreaker over Arizona State after last week's 29-28 victory over the Sun Devils. A win would move them a step closer to a berth in the title game.
For Utah ... The Utes, who have also won two straight games, still have an outside shot at the division crown. However, their main goal at this point is becoming bowl eligible for the ninth straight season. They're one win away from it.
For UCLA ... The Bruins were 8-0 against the Utes until a 2007 visit to Salt Lake City. UCLA was ranked No. 11 and left town with an embarrassing 44-6 setback at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Utah scored 30 unanswered points in the second half.
For Utah ... After opening their inaugural Pac-12 campaign with losses to USC, Washington, Arizona State and California, the Utes posted back-to-back wins over Oregon State and Arizona. Can they keep the reversal of fortune going?
Player to watch
JOHN WHITE IV, Utah running back: The Pac-12's third-leading rusher (113.7 ypg) faces a UCLA defense that is 11th defending the run. The Bruins are giving up 186.4 yards per game on the ground.
NORM CHOW VS. RICK NEUHEISEL: After working together at UCLA from 2008-10, the former colleagues match wits on opposing sidelines. It remains to be seen if it'll be a wash, or if one of the coaches will have an advantage.
UCLA: USA Today reports that CB Sheldon Price (knee), LB Jordan Zumwalt (hip), OG Chris Ward (knee), S Alex Mascarenas (concussion) and PK Kip Smith (hip) are questionable. S Dietrich Riley (neck) and QB Richard Brehaut (leg) are not expected to play.
Utah: The Utes have seven players out with season-ending injuries, but came out of last week's game at Arizona with just bumps and bruises.
Utah travels to Washington State next Saturday (3 p.m., KJZZ), while UCLA plays host to Colorado.
Date Opponent Time (TV)/result
Sept. 1 vs. Montana St. W, 27-10
Sept. 10 at USC L, 23-14
Sept. 17 at BYU W, 54-10
Oct. 1 vs. Washington L, 31-14
Oct. 8 vs. Arizona St. L, 35-14
Oct. 15 at Pittsburgh W, 26-14
Oct. 22 at California L, 34-10
Oct. 29 vs. Oregon St. W, 27-8
Nov. 5 at Arizona W, 34-21
Nov. 12 vs. UCLA 4:30 p.m. (KJZZ)
Nov. 19at Washington St.3 p.m.
Nov. 25 vs. Colorado 1:30 p.m. (ROOT)
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- Brad Rock: Enes Kanter doesn't deserve the abuse
- Morning links: Utah, USU pick up commitments...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 126
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 51
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 37
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 34