Utah gallery listings: Opening, continuing, and receptions for exhibits in Utah.
Edelweiss Gallery (65 E. Main, Midway, 435-654-1335) — Art by Steven Lee Adams, Doyle and Carol Shaw, Florence Ware, Milton Wassmer and Sherry Omans.
Fairview Museum of History & Art (85 N. 100 East, Fairview, 801-427-9216) — Works by Avard Fairbanks, Lee Udall Bennion, Ella Peacock, Max Blain, Dale Peel, John Heber Stansfield, Edith Roberson, Ted Wassmer and others.
Gallery 25 (268 Historic 25th St., Ogden, 801-334-9881) — Art by Keith Dagley and an artist invitational, through November.
Gallery MAR (580 Main, Park City, 435-649-3001) — "Wherever I May Roam," by various artists.
Great Basin Cooperative (449 Main, Park City) — The gallery opening features a retrospective of 50 paintings by Gary Ernest Smith.
Harold B. Lee Library (Brigham Young University, Provo, 801-422-0931) — "Mormon Migration 1840-1930, through Nov. 30.
Joseph F. Smith Building Gallery (BYU campus, Provo) — "Educating the Soul: Our Zion Tradition of Learning by Faith," featuring videos, antiques, facsimiles, photographs and letters. The exhibit is on permanent display.
Kimball Art Center (638 Park Ave., Park City, 435-649-8882) — "Inside Out," by Marcee Blackerby, through Nov. 20. Also, "Detour Art-Outsider, Folk Art and Visionary Environments Coast to Coast, Art and Photographs from the Collection of Kelly Ludwig," through Nov. 27.
Lee Fine Art (608 Main, Park City, 435-655-3264) — Art by Jared Sanders and Joseph Alleman.
Mary Elizabeth Dee Shaw Gallery (Weber State University, Ogden, 801-626-6455) — "The Industrial Sublime," by Edward Burtynsky, through Nov. 22.
Moab Art Works (11 N. Main, Suite No. 2, Moab, 435-259-3010) — "I'll Be Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind," by Brian Parkin.
Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum (645 E. 1430 North, Provo, 801-422-5051) — "Into Africa: Exploring Nature's Interactions."
Mountain Place Gallery (129 N. Main, Logan, 435-752-0211) — "Pioneers, Portraits and Prairies," by Russ Fjeldsted.
Museum of Peoples and Cultures (BYU, 700 N. 100 East, Provo, 801-422-0020) — "New Lives: Building Community at Fourmile Ruin."
Repartee Gallery (4801 N. University Ave., Riverwoods, Provo) — Highlighting work by James C. Christensen, Kurt Knudsen, Barbara Lyman, Jack Morford, Greg Olsen and more. Also, original works in oil and watercolor, sculpture, pottery, stained glass and more.
Sears Art Museum Gallery (225 S. 700 East, St. George, 435-652-7905) — "The Color of Consciousness," by various artists, through Jan. 27.
Springville Museum of Art (126 E. 400 S., Springville, 801-489-2727) — "Spiritual & Religious Art of Utah," through Dec. 2
Please submit event listings to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether Colbert...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 21
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows... 3
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s... 2
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza... 1
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1
- Athletes using sports platforms to push... 0