Utah gallery listings: Opening, continuing, and receptions for exhibits in Utah.
Edelweiss Gallery (65 E. Main, Midway, 435-654-1335) — Art by Steven Lee Adams, Doyle and Carol Shaw, Florence Ware, Milton Wassmer and Sherry Omans.
Fairview Museum of History & Art (85 N. 100 East, Fairview, 801-427-9216) — Works by Avard Fairbanks, Lee Udall Bennion, Ella Peacock, Max Blain, Dale Peel, John Heber Stansfield, Edith Roberson, Ted Wassmer and others.
Gallery 25 (268 Historic 25th St., Ogden, 801-334-9881) — Art by Keith Dagley and an artist invitational, through November.
Gallery MAR (580 Main, Park City, 435-649-3001) — "Wherever I May Roam," by various artists.
Great Basin Cooperative (449 Main, Park City) — The gallery opening features a retrospective of 50 paintings by Gary Ernest Smith.
Harold B. Lee Library (Brigham Young University, Provo, 801-422-0931) — "Mormon Migration 1840-1930, through Nov. 30.
Joseph F. Smith Building Gallery (BYU campus, Provo) — "Educating the Soul: Our Zion Tradition of Learning by Faith," featuring videos, antiques, facsimiles, photographs and letters. The exhibit is on permanent display.
Kimball Art Center (638 Park Ave., Park City, 435-649-8882) — "Inside Out," by Marcee Blackerby, through Nov. 20. Also, "Detour Art-Outsider, Folk Art and Visionary Environments Coast to Coast, Art and Photographs from the Collection of Kelly Ludwig," through Nov. 27.
Lee Fine Art (608 Main, Park City, 435-655-3264) — Art by Jared Sanders and Joseph Alleman.
Mary Elizabeth Dee Shaw Gallery (Weber State University, Ogden, 801-626-6455) — "The Industrial Sublime," by Edward Burtynsky, through Nov. 22.
Moab Art Works (11 N. Main, Suite No. 2, Moab, 435-259-3010) — "I'll Be Ahead If I Can Quit While I'm Behind," by Brian Parkin.
Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum (645 E. 1430 North, Provo, 801-422-5051) — "Into Africa: Exploring Nature's Interactions."
Mountain Place Gallery (129 N. Main, Logan, 435-752-0211) — "Pioneers, Portraits and Prairies," by Russ Fjeldsted.
Museum of Peoples and Cultures (BYU, 700 N. 100 East, Provo, 801-422-0020) — "New Lives: Building Community at Fourmile Ruin."
Repartee Gallery (4801 N. University Ave., Riverwoods, Provo) — Highlighting work by James C. Christensen, Kurt Knudsen, Barbara Lyman, Jack Morford, Greg Olsen and more. Also, original works in oil and watercolor, sculpture, pottery, stained glass and more.
Sears Art Museum Gallery (225 S. 700 East, St. George, 435-652-7905) — "The Color of Consciousness," by various artists, through Jan. 27.
Springville Museum of Art (126 E. 400 S., Springville, 801-489-2727) — "Spiritual & Religious Art of Utah," through Dec. 2
Please submit event listings to email@example.com before 5 p.m. on Wednesday.
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: The difference between...
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,' boy says...
- Utah Shakespeare Festival stages worthy,...
- Human nature to be put to the test in...
- Body Worlds exhibit debuts this weekend... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- George Clooney marries human rights... 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian... 1
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,'... 1
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 1