Holiday movie preview: Entertainment you might consider for family, date nights
For so many families, the holiday season is all about doing things together — and that often includes watching movies. With the kids off from school and extended family perhaps visiting from out of town, going to the movies is something of an annual tradition, especially for the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas when Americans spend three times as much at the movies as they do during a typical week.
In that spirit, we at the Deseret News wish to offer you a family-friendly Holiday Movie Preview. We include brief plot synopses and detailed ratings information. Simply stated, our goal is empowering you to make informed decisions about which holiday movies are appropriate for your family's standards.
We've taken 18 movies with nationwide release dates between Nov. 11 and Dec. 30, and grouped the films into six designations:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: askargo
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of...
- Sundance's 'Fiddler' makes tradition fun, fresh
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Big on opera: Utah Opera's artistic director...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2