Holiday movie preview: Entertainment you might consider for family, date nights
For so many families, the holiday season is all about doing things together — and that often includes watching movies. With the kids off from school and extended family perhaps visiting from out of town, going to the movies is something of an annual tradition, especially for the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas when Americans spend three times as much at the movies as they do during a typical week.
In that spirit, we at the Deseret News wish to offer you a family-friendly Holiday Movie Preview. We include brief plot synopses and detailed ratings information. Simply stated, our goal is empowering you to make informed decisions about which holiday movies are appropriate for your family's standards.
We've taken 18 movies with nationwide release dates between Nov. 11 and Dec. 30, and grouped the films into six designations:
email: email@example.com, Twitter: askargo
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Study: Action-packed TV might make you snack...
- Inquiries begin into nude celebrity photo leaks
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 2
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer... 1
- 'Guardians' stays atop cinemas amid... 1
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1