Holiday movie preview: Entertainment you might consider for family, date nights
For so many families, the holiday season is all about doing things together — and that often includes watching movies. With the kids off from school and extended family perhaps visiting from out of town, going to the movies is something of an annual tradition, especially for the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas when Americans spend three times as much at the movies as they do during a typical week.
In that spirit, we at the Deseret News wish to offer you a family-friendly Holiday Movie Preview. We include brief plot synopses and detailed ratings information. Simply stated, our goal is empowering you to make informed decisions about which holiday movies are appropriate for your family's standards.
We've taken 18 movies with nationwide release dates between Nov. 11 and Dec. 30, and grouped the films into six designations:
email: email@example.com, Twitter: askargo
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- Man without arms and legs has a message about...
- Donny Osmond releases app to promote upcoming...
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for The Rock
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton can't save...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 9
- Man without arms and legs has a message... 4
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- 'Hercules' is a wasted opportunity for... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1