Paul Sancya, Associated Press
MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. — About 30 Occupy Wall Street protesters have interrupted a foreign policy speech by Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann in South Carolina.
Bachmann was delivering the speech Thursday on the deck of the mothballed aircraft carrier USS Yorktown near Charleston when the protesters stood up and began shouting, "Mike check!"
They told her she was more concerned with dividing Americans than helping them. They chanted for about three minutes while the Minnesota congresswoman left the stage.
The protesters eventually walked off the ship after she left.
Bachmann later returned and continued her speech. She pledged to cut defense spending if necessary if elected, and said she will make sure the nation is protected.
- Target: 40 million card accounts may be breached
- Spending habits of families receiving public...
- Geographers map out the seven deadly sins
- Dear Santa: Funny and touching Christmas...
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Pennsylvania pastor defrocked after...
- New Mexico legalizes same-sex marriage
- Wage gap between men and women almost closed...
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay... 138
- New Mexico legalizes same-sex marriage 39
- Pennsylvania pastor defrocked after... 33
- Can this marriage be saved? Republican... 30
- Spending habits of families receiving... 29
- United Methodist minister won't quit... 24
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a... 22
- Associated Press survey: United States... 21