Wily Low, AP
1. Stanford (9-0, 7-0)
Last week: Defeated Oregon State 38-13
This week: Home against Oregon, 6 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: The Cardinal have a chance to show they are for real in the Pac-12's game of the year and get a step closer to the national championship game.
2. Oregon (8-1, 6-0)
Last week: Defeated Washington 34-17
This week: At Stanford, 6 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: It's been an uphill climb for the Ducks since losing the opener to LSU, but they can virtually clinch a spot in the first-ever Pac-12 title game with a win Saturday.
3. USC (7-2, 4-2)
Last week: Defeated Colorado 42-17
This week: Home against Washington, 1:45 p.m. MT, FX
Note: The bowl-ineligible Trojans have little to play for, but can still finish with the best record in the South Division and be the unofficial champs.
4. Washington (6-3, 4-2)
Last week: Lost to Oregon 34-17
This week: At USC, 1:45 p.m. MT, FX
Note: After losing to the Pac-12's two best teams, the Huskies can prove they are the third-best team in the league with a win this week.
5. UCLA (5-4, 4-2)
Last week: Defeated Arizona State 29-28
This week: At Utah, 4:30 p.m. MT, KJZZ, Prime Ticket
Note: Counted out a few weeks ago, the Bruins are now the frontrunner for the Pac-12 title game from the South. However they can't slip up against a resurgent Utah team.
6. Arizona State (6-3, 4-2)
Last week: Lost to UCLA 29-28
This week: At Washington State, 8:30 p.m. MT, Versus
Note: The Sun Devils blew their chance to cruise into the Pac-12 championship game last week at UCLA.
7. Cal (5-4, 2-4)
Last week: Defeated Washington State 30-7
This week: Home against Oregon State, 4:30 p.m. MT, CSNBA
Note: The Bears should become bowl-eligible unless they fall asleep against the Beavers.
8. Utah (5-4, 2-4)
Last week: Defeated Arizona 34-21
This week: Home against UCLA, 4:30 p.m. MT, KJZZ, Prime Ticket
Note: The Utes can extend their winning streak to three and become bowl eligible at the same time.
9. Arizona (2-7, 1-6)
Last week: Lost to Utah 34-21
This week: At Colorado, 12:30 p.m. MT, FCS Pacific
Note: After the big win over UCLA, the Wildcats have reverted back to their losing ways before Mike Stoops was fired.
10. Oregon State (2-7, 2-4)
Last week: Lost to Stanford 38-13
This week: At California, 4:30 p.m. MT, CSNBA
Note: The Beavers gave Stanford a game for a half, but they don't play as well away from Oregon.
11. Washington State (3-6, 1-6)
Last week: Lost to California 30-7
This week: Home against Arizona State, 8:30 p.m. MT, Versus
Note: After the strong start, the Cougars seem to get worse every week.
12. Colorado (1-9, 0-6)
Last week: Lost to USC 42-17
This week: Home against Arizona, 12:30 p.m. MT, FCS Pacific
Note: Is this the week the Buffaloes finally break through and win a Pac-12 game? They're running out of chances.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 32
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25