UConn coach Paul Pasqualoni remembers the good old days — when Miami was the dominant team in the Big East and the conference wasn't such a toss-up.
The Hurricanes are in the Atlantic Coast Conference, soon to be joined by Syracuse and Pittsburgh as the Big East struggles to stay together and keep its automatic BCS bowl bid.
It's kind of a shame, really, because the Big East season is as riveting as a roller-coaster ride.
Preseason favorite West Virginia sits at 2-2, tied with Pasqualoni's Huskies and Pitt. Rutgers is a half-game ahead in third at 3-2, surprising Louisville is second at 3-1, and suddenly resurgent Cincinnati is 3-0.
The Bearcats can swipe that elusive BCS bowl bid by winning out. Nobody's counting on anything, though.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 147
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25