UConn coach Paul Pasqualoni remembers the good old days — when Miami was the dominant team in the Big East and the conference wasn't such a toss-up.
The Hurricanes are in the Atlantic Coast Conference, soon to be joined by Syracuse and Pittsburgh as the Big East struggles to stay together and keep its automatic BCS bowl bid.
It's kind of a shame, really, because the Big East season is as riveting as a roller-coaster ride.
Preseason favorite West Virginia sits at 2-2, tied with Pasqualoni's Huskies and Pitt. Rutgers is a half-game ahead in third at 3-2, surprising Louisville is second at 3-1, and suddenly resurgent Cincinnati is 3-0.
The Bearcats can swipe that elusive BCS bowl bid by winning out. Nobody's counting on anything, though.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 74
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34