Utah Utes basketball: David Foster, Chris Hines sidelined with injuries
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah lost more than a basketball game to Adams State last Friday. Senior center David Foster and junior guard Chris Hines were injured in the exhibition setback and will be sidelined for several weeks.
Foster is scheduled to have foot surgery this week and is officially listed as being until further notice. Hines has a rib injury and is expected to be out for 2-4 weeks.
Neither player saw a lot of action in Utah's 61-60 loss to Adams State, a Division II program.
Foster logged just six minutes before injuring his right foot, scoring two points.
"We need Dave," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said after the game. "When Dave went down, it put us in a little bit of a whirlwind."
Hines wound up playing 13 minutes before getting hurt and did not score.
Foster and Hines are two of just four players who returned to the program after the firing of Jim Boylen last spring. The others — senior point guard Josh Watkins and junior center Jason Washburn — had 12 and 6 points, respectively.
Utah opens the season Monday at home against San Diego Christian College. The Utes travel to Boise State for a game on Nov. 16.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Utes return home and handle Huskies, 90-82,...
- Jazz notes: Respect high between Coach...
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 42
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 30