Utah Utes basketball: David Foster, Chris Hines sidelined with injuries
Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah lost more than a basketball game to Adams State last Friday. Senior center David Foster and junior guard Chris Hines were injured in the exhibition setback and will be sidelined for several weeks.
Foster is scheduled to have foot surgery this week and is officially listed as being until further notice. Hines has a rib injury and is expected to be out for 2-4 weeks.
Neither player saw a lot of action in Utah's 61-60 loss to Adams State, a Division II program.
Foster logged just six minutes before injuring his right foot, scoring two points.
"We need Dave," Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak said after the game. "When Dave went down, it put us in a little bit of a whirlwind."
Hines wound up playing 13 minutes before getting hurt and did not score.
Foster and Hines are two of just four players who returned to the program after the firing of Jim Boylen last spring. The others — senior point guard Josh Watkins and junior center Jason Washburn — had 12 and 6 points, respectively.
Utah opens the season Monday at home against San Diego Christian College. The Utes travel to Boise State for a game on Nov. 16.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected 75-68...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 56
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35