The "New Declaration of Independence" cited in your recent editorial about the Occupy Wall Street group should more accurately be called a "Declaration of Dependence" ("Empowering the people," Nov. 8).
How can a document calling for the federal government to further subsidize education; cancel private debts; and give people government jobs and health care possibly have anything to do with independence?
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28