The "New Declaration of Independence" cited in your recent editorial about the Occupy Wall Street group should more accurately be called a "Declaration of Dependence" ("Empowering the people," Nov. 8).
How can a document calling for the federal government to further subsidize education; cancel private debts; and give people government jobs and health care possibly have anything to do with independence?
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 44
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 42
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 34
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22