Utah Utes football coach Kyle Whittingham credits McBride for his work at U.
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah head football coach Kyle Whittingham had kind things to say about retiring Weber State coach Ron McBride on Tuesday.
He called Coach Mac a masterful recruiter who relates well to players and their parents.
"What a career he's had," said Whittingham, who was on McBride's coaching staff at Utah from 1994-2002. "He's done a lot of great things throughout his career, none maybe any greater than what he did at the University of Utah."
Whittingham credits McBride, who was 88-63 in 13 seasons with the Utes, for resurrecting the program, putting it back on the map and positioning it for a move to the next level.
"He was instrumental in the University of Utah getting into the Pac-12 with the work he did and the groundwork he laid," Whittingham said.
McBride, he continued, taught him a lot about recruiting.
"That was a strong suit of his," Whittingham explained. "Division I football is all about recruiting, so that's a good strong suit to have."
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 47
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27