Kraushaar, 55, previously worked as a news reporter, and she has held other U.S. government jobs since she left the National Restaurant Association after she settled her complaint against Cain. She also has written a children's book with her mother-in-law, "Gas Station Charley," about a dog. Her husband, Kevin, has worked as a lobbyist on environmental, municipal and health issues. He has donated money to both Democrats and Republicans. They live in suburban Maryland.
A third woman told The Associated Press last week that she considered filing a workplace complaint against Cain over what she deemed sexually suggestive remarks and gestures that included a private invitation to his corporate apartment. And a former pollster for the restaurant association has said he witnessed yet another episode involving a different woman.
The AP has not identified the other woman who filed a claim against Cain while working at the restaurant association. It also has not identified the third woman, who did not file a claim, because it promised confidentiality to her because she said she feared retaliation if her name became public.
Bialek came forward Monday to say that Cain, an acquaintance, groped her in car in July 1997 after they'd had dinner in Washington. Cain led the association at the time, and the unemployed Bialek was seeking job advice. She said she had been fired from her job raising money for the trade group's education arm — told, she said, that she had not raised enough money.
Cain has been urging supporters to donate to his Iowa fund so he can meet a $999,999 goal before Wednesday's debate in Michigan.
"The media is just itching to be able to make up more stories about how my campaign is faltering," Cain said in an email blast to supporters.
McCaffrey reported from Atlanta. Associated Press writers David Espo in Washington and Becky Bohrer in Alaska contributed.
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining challenge
- Court: Mormon church, members not liable in...
- Research: Native American genes have Eurasian...
- Actor Paul Walker dies in car crash; was...
- Newtown releases 911 calls showing anguish...
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 81
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 45
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Obama declares health care law is... 20
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 20
- Detroit officially enters bankruptcy 18
- Research: Native American genes have... 18