Joseph Kaczmarek, Associated Press
Some of the latest developments in the Occupy protests:
The Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York City are preparing for the possibility of a punishing winter by erecting tents designed to withstand frigid temperatures.
Some of the military grade tents are as big as tiny cottages. They began popping up Monday, with the first planned for medics and another designated as a safe space for women.
Protester Jeffrey Brewer says three tents have been erected in Manhattan's Zuccotti Park and he's helping to install four more. He says another 20 are being ordered.
Brewer says the tents are costing the protesters about $25,000 total. He says they're paid for through donations the Wall Street protest group has received.
The company that owns the park where the protesters have set up camp doesn't allow tents but hasn't been enforcing the rule.
Longtime musicians and activists David Crosby and Graham Nash are scheduled to perform a concert at the Occupy Wall Street protest site in Manhattan's Zuccotti Park.
The Occupy Wall Street website says the Tuesday afternoon concert will be an acoustic set of protest songs.
Crosby, a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer of Crosby Stills and Nash fame, visited the park last week.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Top 15 states for education
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a threat to...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 67
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5