Joseph Kaczmarek, Associated Press
Some of the latest developments in the Occupy protests:
The Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York City are preparing for the possibility of a punishing winter by erecting tents designed to withstand frigid temperatures.
Some of the military grade tents are as big as tiny cottages. They began popping up Monday, with the first planned for medics and another designated as a safe space for women.
Protester Jeffrey Brewer says three tents have been erected in Manhattan's Zuccotti Park and he's helping to install four more. He says another 20 are being ordered.
Brewer says the tents are costing the protesters about $25,000 total. He says they're paid for through donations the Wall Street protest group has received.
The company that owns the park where the protesters have set up camp doesn't allow tents but hasn't been enforcing the rule.
Longtime musicians and activists David Crosby and Graham Nash are scheduled to perform a concert at the Occupy Wall Street protest site in Manhattan's Zuccotti Park.
The Occupy Wall Street website says the Tuesday afternoon concert will be an acoustic set of protest songs.
Crosby, a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer of Crosby Stills and Nash fame, visited the park last week.
- In wake of email hack, Democratic chair...
- Watch live at the Democratic National Convention
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking end of...
- Gunfire at teen nightclub party leaves 2...
- Trump taunts claims that Russia hacked DNC...
- Dems' division, emails roil party on Day 1 of...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 65
- Hillary Clinton promises steady hand in... 51
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 44
- Trump says Russia should find Clinton's... 43
- Obama boosts Clinton: Carry her like... 41
- Clinton wins historic nomination,... 37
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31