Utah Jazz: Charity game players only want to play under a 'fair deal'
Devin Harris receives updates from his agent and his buddy, Keyon Dooling, one of the elected players directly involved in negotiation talks. But the Jazz point guard didn't want to get into the nitty-gritty. For one thing, he said there is so much misinformation out there players are still sorting things out.
"We've got to think about how it affects you and your current situation, how it affects us as a whole and then make a decision," Harris said. "It's a tough situation all around. ... We've got some tough decisions to make in the next couple of days."
Players realize they have to be cognizant of the long-term ramifications of what signing an unfavorable or favorable collective bargaining agreement will have.
That's why Jefferson, who attended a couple of the players' meetings this summer, said he insists on a fair deal "that's not just for me but the guys that's in high school now. Just a fair deal for the guys here and the upcoming guys."
Like Burks, Jazz forward Derrick Favors said he hasn't paid attention to the ins-and-outs of the negotiations.
"I don't know what's going on right now, so I'm just sitting around waiting," said Favors, who has actually stayed busy bulking up and working on his skills.
"I don't even talk to my agent about it. I just wait for the call. That's all I want to do (play hoops)."
Free-agent-to-be Ronnie Price is among the NBA players in limbo because he doesn't know where he'll end up even after the lockout ends. He just wants that to happen, and for peace to be made between both sides.
"My thing is whatever's going to happen is going to happen," the former Utah Valley standout said. "I just hope that when it does happen everyone is OK with it and we can move forward, put this year and this lockout behind us and prevent it from happening in the future."
Utah basketball fans can only hope more exhibition games like Monday's take place if an agreement isn't made soon.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- BYU football: Five questions with a Middle...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 79
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 59
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 54
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 39
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34