TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa Bay defensive tackle Gerald McCoy will miss the rest of the season because of a torn right biceps.
The second-year pro was injured Sunday during the opening quarter of a 27-16 defeat to New Orleans that dropped the Buccaneers (4-4) to third place in the NFC South. McCoy had just returned to the lineup after sitting out the previous two games because on an ankle sprain.
It's the second straight year his season is ending prematurely because of an arm injury. The third overall pick in the 2010 draft missed the final three games of his rookie year with a torn left biceps.
McCoy finished with 13 tackles, including one sack. He had three sacks during a rookie season that was considered disappointing.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 90
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 74
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34