Sandusky's attorney Joe Amendola said his client has been aware of the accusations for about three years and has maintained his innocence.
The grand jury report that lays out the accusations against the three men cites the state's Child Protective Services Law, which requires immediate reporting by doctors, nurses, school administrators, teachers, day care workers, police and others.
It appears neither Schultz nor Curley had direct contact with the boys Sandusky is accused of abusing.
Schultz's lawyer said his client was not among those required by law to report suspected abuse. He also argued that the two-year statute of limitations on the summary offense has expired.
Curley and Schultz have the unconditional support of university President Graham Spanier, according to a statement released Saturday. Spanier called the allegations "troubling" but predicted the school officials would be exonerated.
Kelly, the attorney general, said Penn State officials never made any attempt to identify the child that the grad assistant saw in the showers with Sandusky in 2002.
"Today as we stand here, we encourage that person who is now likely to be a young adult to contact investigators from the attorney general's office," she said. "This is an ongoing and active investigation. ... We are determined to quickly respond to any new witnesses or any additional information that may appear."
While Kelly said Paterno was not a target of the investigation, she did not answer yes or no when asked the same question about Spanier.
"All I can say is again, I'm limited to what's contained in the presentment, and that this is an ongoing investigation," Kelly said.
- Calliop, Jag and Tintin: Here's a look at 20...
- Walmart, Kmart 'Layaway Angels' spreading...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- What you think of welfare program depends on...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- India government likely to review... 25
- What you think of welfare program... 25
- Health care debate about presidential... 24
- Health care signups increase to... 23
- Looking beyond the premium is a... 17
- Putin defends Russian conservative values 15
- Little difference between PG-13 and... 13