The Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA — Former heavyweight champion Joe Frazier is battling the liver cancer that has put him under hospice care.
His personal and business manager says Frazier sleeps most the day but is coherent when awake. Leslie Wolff says the 67-year-old Frazier has been flooded with get-well messages from former boxers and fans. Wolff tells The Associated Press some fans have offered to donate a liver.
Frazier was diagnosed last month with the disease. His manager says the boxer had been in out and out of the hospital since early October and has been receiving hospice treatment the last week.
A documentary, "Joe Frazier: When the Smoke Clears," will be screened Tuesday night at the DocNYC festival in New York.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23