The Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA — Former heavyweight champion Joe Frazier is battling the liver cancer that has put him under hospice care.
His personal and business manager says Frazier sleeps most the day but is coherent when awake. Leslie Wolff says the 67-year-old Frazier has been flooded with get-well messages from former boxers and fans. Wolff tells The Associated Press some fans have offered to donate a liver.
Frazier was diagnosed last month with the disease. His manager says the boxer had been in out and out of the hospital since early October and has been receiving hospice treatment the last week.
A documentary, "Joe Frazier: When the Smoke Clears," will be screened Tuesday night at the DocNYC festival in New York.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35