Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — At least one person was shot and another person held police at bay inside a house Sunday night.
Officers responded to a home near 1500 South and 600 East after a report of a shooting around 8 p.m.
Officers reported that a person involved in the shooting had entered a home was refusing to come out. There was a report of guns inside the home, prompting police to call in SWAT after 10 p.m.
Police had few details Sunday evening, did not report the condition of the victim, or any detail of the person locked inside the house.
The residents in at least one nearby home were evacuated for safety concerns.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9