Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — At least one person was shot and another person held police at bay inside a house Sunday night.
Officers responded to a home near 1500 South and 600 East after a report of a shooting around 8 p.m.
Officers reported that a person involved in the shooting had entered a home was refusing to come out. There was a report of guns inside the home, prompting police to call in SWAT after 10 p.m.
Police had few details Sunday evening, did not report the condition of the victim, or any detail of the person locked inside the house.
The residents in at least one nearby home were evacuated for safety concerns.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11