Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — At least one person was shot and another person held police at bay inside a house Sunday night.
Officers responded to a home near 1500 South and 600 East after a report of a shooting around 8 p.m.
Officers reported that a person involved in the shooting had entered a home was refusing to come out. There was a report of guns inside the home, prompting police to call in SWAT after 10 p.m.
Police had few details Sunday evening, did not report the condition of the victim, or any detail of the person locked inside the house.
The residents in at least one nearby home were evacuated for safety concerns.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22