Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — At least one person was shot and another person held police at bay inside a house Sunday night.
Officers responded to a home near 1500 South and 600 East after a report of a shooting around 8 p.m.
Officers reported that a person involved in the shooting had entered a home was refusing to come out. There was a report of guns inside the home, prompting police to call in SWAT after 10 p.m.
Police had few details Sunday evening, did not report the condition of the victim, or any detail of the person locked inside the house.
The residents in at least one nearby home were evacuated for safety concerns.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 34
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 20
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9