Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — At least one person was shot and another person held police at bay inside a house Sunday night.
Officers responded to a home near 1500 South and 600 East after a report of a shooting around 8 p.m.
Officers reported that a person involved in the shooting had entered a home was refusing to come out. There was a report of guns inside the home, prompting police to call in SWAT after 10 p.m.
Police had few details Sunday evening, did not report the condition of the victim, or any detail of the person locked inside the house.
The residents in at least one nearby home were evacuated for safety concerns.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy shine...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Photos: Here comes the sun
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 33
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11