PROVO — Authorities have made another arrest in connection with a Utah County homicide case.
Andy Purcell, 32, died in May one day after he was found shot in the head on the front porch of his mother's Provo home at 541 S. 300 East.
Three men — Yuri Sanchez Lara, 32, Danny Logue, 45, Darrell Morris, 38 — have all been charged with aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, in the case.
A fourth person, Joshua Ian Stansbury, 37, of Bountiful, was arrested in September for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Investigators said Wednesday that Robin Jackson, 36, was apprehended and arrested by Beaver County sheriff's deputies in connection with this case. She was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Investigators said Lara contacted Morris and ordered an assault on Purcell. In return, Lara would pay Morris with 1 ounce of methamphetamine — half an ounce to be paid before the assault and the other half to be paid after, a police affidavit states.
A confidential informant told police that Lara believed Purcell had provided officers with information that resulted in methamphetamine being found in a storage unit Lara had in Orem.
Provo police detectives are still pursuing leads in the case and are asking anyone with information to call 801-852-6210.
— Jasen Lee
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7