PROVO — Authorities have made another arrest in connection with a Utah County homicide case.
Andy Purcell, 32, died in May one day after he was found shot in the head on the front porch of his mother's Provo home at 541 S. 300 East.
Three men — Yuri Sanchez Lara, 32, Danny Logue, 45, Darrell Morris, 38 — have all been charged with aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, in the case.
A fourth person, Joshua Ian Stansbury, 37, of Bountiful, was arrested in September for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Investigators said Wednesday that Robin Jackson, 36, was apprehended and arrested by Beaver County sheriff's deputies in connection with this case. She was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Investigators said Lara contacted Morris and ordered an assault on Purcell. In return, Lara would pay Morris with 1 ounce of methamphetamine — half an ounce to be paid before the assault and the other half to be paid after, a police affidavit states.
A confidential informant told police that Lara believed Purcell had provided officers with information that resulted in methamphetamine being found in a storage unit Lara had in Orem.
Provo police detectives are still pursuing leads in the case and are asking anyone with information to call 801-852-6210.
— Jasen Lee
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Wet, cool August delivered more than twice...
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Family of fallen officer Derek Johnson...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Why would a parent abandon a child? A look at...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14