PROVO — Authorities have made another arrest in connection with a Utah County homicide case.
Andy Purcell, 32, died in May one day after he was found shot in the head on the front porch of his mother's Provo home at 541 S. 300 East.
Three men — Yuri Sanchez Lara, 32, Danny Logue, 45, Darrell Morris, 38 — have all been charged with aggravated murder, a first-degree felony, in the case.
A fourth person, Joshua Ian Stansbury, 37, of Bountiful, was arrested in September for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Investigators said Wednesday that Robin Jackson, 36, was apprehended and arrested by Beaver County sheriff's deputies in connection with this case. She was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of obstruction of justice.
Investigators said Lara contacted Morris and ordered an assault on Purcell. In return, Lara would pay Morris with 1 ounce of methamphetamine — half an ounce to be paid before the assault and the other half to be paid after, a police affidavit states.
A confidential informant told police that Lara believed Purcell had provided officers with information that resulted in methamphetamine being found in a storage unit Lara had in Orem.
Provo police detectives are still pursuing leads in the case and are asking anyone with information to call 801-852-6210.
— Jasen Lee
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 21