Deseret News archives
STOCKTON, Calif. — The Stockton Thunder defeated the Utah Grizzlies 3-2 Saturday night in Stockton to snap Utah's seven-game winning streak. The loss is Utah's first in 22 days.
Stockton jumped up early with two goals in the first period and led 2-0 after 20 minutes.
Utah (7-2) made it 2-1 in the second period on the power play as Mitch Fadden (3) slammed in a score with John Negrin and Justin Dowling picking up assists.
After the Thunder extended the lead back to 3-1, Derick Martin (1) got Utah within a goal with just under seven minutes left as the Grizzlies held in a puck and he fired it home from the left circle.
Andrew Engelage made some more spectacular saves as he stopped 32 of 35 shots.
The Utah/Stockton weekend finished with it's typical feistiness, as 110 total penalty minutes and four fights were recorded Saturday.
Utah is next in action Wednesday when they make their first ever trip to Loveland, Colo. Face-off is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42