Utah Utes football: Defense contains Nick Foles, Arizona offense
TUCSON, Ariz. — Utah's defense picked off highly touted Arizona quarterback Nick Foles twice in Saturday's 34-21 victory. The Utes also sacked him on two occasions.
"He's a great quarterback and you have to create a lot of pressure when you're dealing with any good quarterbacks," said Utah linebacker Matt Martinez. I think we did a good job of reading him and putting enough pressure to make him scramble around and throw some bad passes."
Although the senior was able to complete 25 throws for 326 yards, the Wildcats' three turnovers proved to be too much to overcome.
"Turnovers are a big deal. So the overall numbers of the game are kind of deceiving," Martinez noted. "You can have any amount of passing yards, but you can't win a game when you have three turnovers."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27