John White IV rushed for 112 yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries and the Utes' special teams blocked two punts en route to a 34-21 victory over Arizona on Saturday.
Utah (5-4) picked up its second Pac-12 win — and second straight — in beating the Wildcats (2-7), who committed a trio of turnovers compared to none for the Utes.
Jon Hays threw for two scores and finished the night 12-of-21 for 198 yards and no interceptions.
Both DeVonte Christopher (73 yards) and Reggie Dunn (64 yards) caught scoring passes for the Utes.
Arizona quarterback Nick Foles threw the ball 43 times but connected on only 25. He finished with 324 yards and two touchdowns, but he also tossed a pair of picks.
Wildcat wideout David Douglas caught 10 balls for 155 yards and two touchdowns.
Chris, who has been covering sports ranging from high school preps to professional teams for almost twenty years, feels that football season is the best time of the year. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 173
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45