John White IV rushed for 112 yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries and the Utes' special teams blocked two punts en route to a 34-21 victory over Arizona on Saturday.
Utah (5-4) picked up its second Pac-12 win — and second straight — in beating the Wildcats (2-7), who committed a trio of turnovers compared to none for the Utes.
Jon Hays threw for two scores and finished the night 12-of-21 for 198 yards and no interceptions.
Both DeVonte Christopher (73 yards) and Reggie Dunn (64 yards) caught scoring passes for the Utes.
Arizona quarterback Nick Foles threw the ball 43 times but connected on only 25. He finished with 324 yards and two touchdowns, but he also tossed a pair of picks.
Wildcat wideout David Douglas caught 10 balls for 155 yards and two touchdowns.
Chris, who has been covering sports ranging from high school preps to professional teams for almost twenty years, feels that football season is the best time of the year. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20