John White IV rushed for 112 yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries and the Utes' special teams blocked two punts en route to a 34-21 victory over Arizona on Saturday.
Utah (5-4) picked up its second Pac-12 win — and second straight — in beating the Wildcats (2-7), who committed a trio of turnovers compared to none for the Utes.
Jon Hays threw for two scores and finished the night 12-of-21 for 198 yards and no interceptions.
Both DeVonte Christopher (73 yards) and Reggie Dunn (64 yards) caught scoring passes for the Utes.
Arizona quarterback Nick Foles threw the ball 43 times but connected on only 25. He finished with 324 yards and two touchdowns, but he also tossed a pair of picks.
Wildcat wideout David Douglas caught 10 balls for 155 yards and two touchdowns.
Chris, who has been covering sports ranging from high school preps to professional teams for almost twenty years, feels that football season is the best time of the year. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43