John White IV rushed for 112 yards and two touchdowns on 27 carries and the Utes' special teams blocked two punts en route to a 34-21 victory over Arizona on Saturday.
Utah (5-4) picked up its second Pac-12 win — and second straight — in beating the Wildcats (2-7), who committed a trio of turnovers compared to none for the Utes.
Jon Hays threw for two scores and finished the night 12-of-21 for 198 yards and no interceptions.
Both DeVonte Christopher (73 yards) and Reggie Dunn (64 yards) caught scoring passes for the Utes.
Arizona quarterback Nick Foles threw the ball 43 times but connected on only 25. He finished with 324 yards and two touchdowns, but he also tossed a pair of picks.
Wildcat wideout David Douglas caught 10 balls for 155 yards and two touchdowns.
Chris, who has been covering sports ranging from high school preps to professional teams for almost twenty years, feels that football season is the best time of the year. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21