STOCKTON, Calif. — The Utah Grizzlies (7-1) defeated the Stockton Thunder 1-0 in a shootout Friday night to win their seventh-straight game.
The winning streak is the team's longest since they won nine-straight games in 2005.
Andrew Engelage stopped 25-straight shots through overtime and all four shots in the shutout to earn his second shutout of the year and second in the last four games. He also stopped a Garet Hunt penalty-shot 48 seconds into overtime to preserve the scoreless tie.
"Andrew Engelage was our best player tonight and our guys got better in front of him as the game went on," said Grizzlies head coach Kevin Colley. "We again kept battling and found a way to win."
Jeff LoVecchio and Mitch Fadden scored in the shootout.
Utah, which is now 6-0 in one-goal games this year, was outshot 14-4 in the first period, but outshot Stockton 20-11 the rest of the way.
Utah went 7-7 on the penalty-kill and also killed a penalty in the final four minutes of regulation.
Utah and Stockton meet again Saturday at 8:30 p.m.
The Grizzlies return home Friday. All tickets for the Nov. 11, 2011, game will be available for $11 at the Maverik Center box office.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25