The Minnesota Vikings are disputing a reading of their lease that suggests they might have to play in the Metrodome for one more season after this one. Vice President Lester Bagley says the team is on "firm legal footing" in its understanding that the lease expires after this season.
The head of the commission that runs the Metrodome, Ted Mondale, told reporters the commission's lawyers believe a clause in the lease triggers a one-year extension if the team is forced to play elsewhere for part of a season. That's what happened last year when the dome's roof collapsed during a snowstorm.
But Mondale expects the Vikings will be playing in the Metrodome next year, regardless of what happens in the stadium debate, because there's nowhere else the team can go.
HILLIS HURT AT PRACTICE: Peyton Hillis burst through the line and pulled up suddenly after apparently hurting himself again. As his teammates looked on, Hillis slammed the ball to the ground and flung his orange helmet away in disgust.
A miserable, misguided season had taken another bizarre twist.
Hillis re-injured his left hamstring during practice on Friday, the latest moment of drama for the Browns bruising back whose second year with Cleveland has been one misadventure after the next.
BRADFORD DOUBTFUL: Quarterback Sam Bradford was active in practice Friday for the St. Louis Rams, who have listed him as questionable for Sunday's game at Arizona.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43