A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Broadcasts:CES fireside, President Boyd K. Packer, Nov. 6, 6 p.m. MST
Temple Hill:"God's Plan for His Family," opened Aug. 6, Oakland Temple Visitors' Center
Bay Area Genesis Group
Bay Area Genesis Group: Talent show, Nov. 12, 4-5:40 p.m., Oakland Interstake Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave., Oakland
Santa Rosa: Nativity Art Festival and Concert: "For Unto Us a Child is Born," Dec. 2-4, 3-9 p.m., 1780 Yulupa, Santa Rosa (concerts Dec. 3 at 7:30 p.m., Dec. 4, 4:30 and 7:30 p.m.)
Palto Alto:The 24th Annual Christmas Creche Exhibit, Dec. 3-7, Palo Alto Ward Building, 3865 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto (see www.christmascreche.org or 650-856-3781)
Sunnyvale Ward:Messiah Sing-along, Nov. 26, 6:30 p.m., 771 W. Fremont Ave., Sunnyvale (see www.sunnyvalesing.org )
BYU football fireside:
BYU football fireside:Dec. 2, Makakilo Stake Center, 92-900 Makakilo Drive
BYU-Idaho:Golden Dragon Acrobats of China, Nov. 5, 7:30 p.m., Hart Auditorium (tickets required, call 208-496-3170 or www.byui.edu/tickets )
Idaho Falls Temple Visitors' Center:
Idaho Falls Temple Visitors' Center:"The Healing Power of Christ" sculpture display by Angela Johnson, through Jan. 1
Kansas City:Time Out for Women, Nov. 4-5 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center:
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center:Humanitarian Exhibit, "Love Thy Neighbor," through October, open daily 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Night of Music and Inspiration, Nov. 15, 7:30 p.m.; An Evening of Harp Music: Barbra Bailey Bradley and Phoebe Suh, Nov. 19, 7 p.m.; National Bible Association: Concert of Praise, Nov. 20, 6 p.m. (see mormon.org/dc )
Mormon Trail Center:
Mormon Trail Center:26th Annual Gingerbread Festival "The Joys of Childhood," Nov. 19-Dec. 31, 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters, 3215 State St., Omaha (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
South Carolina YSA:
South Carolina YSA:Christmas Dance, Dec. 9, Dutch Fork building
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- Which bible do Americans read most?
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter tells...
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 117
- British judge hears arguments in case... 47
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 29
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to... 19
- Calif. city torn by multiple fights... 16
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of... 13
- Eliza R. Snow is more than a poetess as... 9