Richard Drew, File, Associated Press
NEW YORK — Meb Keflezighi is philosophical about running the New York City Marathon 69 days before the U.S. Olympic trials.
No other top American is attempting the double. But Keflezighi figures anything can happen in running, so there's no need to skip New York, which he loves so much.
It's also easy to take that approach for a runner who has accomplished so much.
In 2009, he became the first American man since 1982 to win the NYC Marathon. At the 2004 Olympics, Keflezighi took silver to become the first American man to medal since 1976.
The NYC Marathon is Sunday. The Olympic trials are Jan. 14 in Houston.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20