ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Elvis Dumervil has collected more injuries than sacks since signing his $58 million extension two years ago.
After missing all of last season with a torn chest muscle, Dumervil was dogged by an injured left shoulder over the first month of this season, and just when that healed up, the Denver Broncos pass-rusher sustained a high right ankle sprain two weeks ago against Miami.
Dumervil, who led the league with 17 sacks in 2009, has just eight tackles and one quarterback hit so far this season.
While he's bummed about his paltry stats and lack of sacks, Dumervil said he's glad he can at least play through these latest injuries and he vowed to finish out the season strong.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15