ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Elvis Dumervil has collected more injuries than sacks since signing his $58 million extension two years ago.
After missing all of last season with a torn chest muscle, Dumervil was dogged by an injured left shoulder over the first month of this season, and just when that healed up, the Denver Broncos pass-rusher sustained a high right ankle sprain two weeks ago against Miami.
Dumervil, who led the league with 17 sacks in 2009, has just eight tackles and one quarterback hit so far this season.
While he's bummed about his paltry stats and lack of sacks, Dumervil said he's glad he can at least play through these latest injuries and he vowed to finish out the season strong.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 89
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 74
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 38
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34