ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Elvis Dumervil has collected more injuries than sacks since signing his $58 million extension two years ago.
After missing all of last season with a torn chest muscle, Dumervil was dogged by an injured left shoulder over the first month of this season, and just when that healed up, the Denver Broncos pass-rusher sustained a high right ankle sprain two weeks ago against Miami.
Dumervil, who led the league with 17 sacks in 2009, has just eight tackles and one quarterback hit so far this season.
While he's bummed about his paltry stats and lack of sacks, Dumervil said he's glad he can at least play through these latest injuries and he vowed to finish out the season strong.
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 176
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 36
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27