p>CLEARFIELD — A 38-year old man from Providence is under arrest after allegedly leading authorities on a low-speed chase Monday through Davis County in a stolen front-end loader.
Clearfield Police responded to a report of a stolen front-end loader from a road construction site at 500 West and 200 South. The operator told police that he had gotten out of the vehicle to remove some debris from the roadway. As he did, the suspect entered the vehicle and drove away.
The suspect drove into the Freeport Center industrial park knocking down security fences and gates along the way. Officers quickly located the vehicle.
The suspect evaded officers by driving through wooded fields and along a walking trail between 200 South and 700 South, all the while, driving through and over fences and closed gates at speeds of about 10 to 15 mph.
The pursuit lasted about 15 minutes before the vehicle drove off a 6-foot embankment and became lodged on a fence. The suspect fled on foot, but was quickly apprehended without incident.
Officers identified the suspect as Caseton Burruss.
In addition to the theft of the front-end loader, investigators discovered that Burruss had stolen a car from a Layton car dealership earlier in the day. When the car ran out of gas, he stole another car from a Clearfield residence.
He reportedly crashed the second car into a dirt embankment.
Burruss was charged with three counts of felony auto theft, felony evading, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident, three counts of criminal mischief and trespassing. He was booked into the Davis County Jail.
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Police say man persuaded Provo High boys to...
- Pentagon: Live anthrax samples mistakenly...
- Police: More than 100 Sanpete County homes...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 37
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12