SALT LAKE CITY — Utah basketball fans will get the opportunity to see both of the Jazz's rookies this Monday at SLCC.
Guard Alec Burks, the No. 12 pick in the June draft, will join Turkish center Enes Kanter, the third-overall selection, in the Pro Player Charity Classic.
The game, which will feature Jazz players pitted against various NBA guys, will also include a third lottery pick: BYU star Jimmer Fredette, who was taken 10th by Milwaukee before being traded to Sacramento.
While the NBA continues to miss games due to the lockout, this event will give Jazz fans a rare opportunity to see the bulk of their favorite pro team.
Other Jazz players signed up for this charity game include: Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and Jeremy Evans, along with free-agents-to-be Ronnie Price and Earl Watson.
The NBA team will feature Fredette, Chauncey Billups, ex-Jazzman Wesley Matthews, Stephen Curry, Corey Maggette and Anthony Tolliver. More players are expected to be announced soon.
Net proceeds from the game will benefit multiple player-backed charities, including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Special Olympics, Ronald McDonald House and the OI Foundation, among others.
Tickets for the game — 7 p.m. at the Lifetime Activities Center (Bruin Arena) — can be purchased through all Smith'sTix outlets.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13