1. Stanford (8-0, 6-0)
Last week: Defeated USC 56-48, 3 OT
This week: At Oregon State, 1:30 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: The Cardinal came oh, so close to losing, but Heisman Trophy frontrunner Andrew Luck came through in the clutch. They should cruise in Corvallis.
2. Oregon (7-1, 5-0)
Last week: Defeated Washington State 43-28
This week: At Washington, 8:30 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: The Huskies will be a tougher test than the Ducks have had in awhile, but shouldn't be good enough to spoil next week's showdown with Stanford.
3. Arizona State (6-2, 4-1)
Last week: Defeated Colorado 48-14
This week: At UCLA, 5:30 p.m. MT, Versus
Note: Looks like we gave the Sun Devils the South title too early. A loss in L.A. will give the Bruins a leg up in the race for the Pac-12 championship game.
4. USC (6-2, 3-2)
Last week: Lost to Stanford 56-48, 3 OT
This week: At Colorado, Friday, 7 p.m. MT, ESPN
Note: After the disappointing loss to Stanford by the slimmest of margins, the Trojans should coast this week over the hapless Buffaloes.
5. Washington (6-2, 4-1)
Last week: Defeated Arizona 42-31
This week: Home against Oregon, 8:30 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: Following a tougher-than-expected win over Arizona, the Huskies can make up for the humiliating loss to Stanford against the league's other top-10 team.
6. UCLA (4-4, 3-2)
Last week: Defeated Cal 31-14
This week: Home against Arizona State, 5:30 p.m. MT, Versus
Note: The Bruins are surprisingly still alive for a South Division title if they can knock off the Sun Devils this week.
7. Cal (4-4, 1-4)
Last week: Lost to UCLA 31-14
This week: Home against Washington State, 4:30 p.m. MT, CSNCA, ROOT-NW
Note: Following their easy win over Utah, the Bears laid an egg against UCLA and will need a win this week to help their bowl chances.
8. Utah (4-4, 1-4)
Last week: Defeated Oregon State 27-8
This week: At Arizona, 5 p.m. MT, KJZZ, KWBA
Note: The Utes finally got off the schneid with their first Pac-12 victory last week and need two more wins to secure their ninth straight bowl appearance.
9. Arizona (2-6, 1-5)
Last week: Lost to Washington 42-31
This week: Home against Utah, 5 p.m. MT, KJZZ, KWBA
Note: The Wildcats are still putting a lot of offense on the board, but have been giving up big numbers on defense, which may not be a problem against the offense-challenged Utes.
10. Oregon State (2-6, 2-3)
Last week: Lost to Utah 27-8
This week: Home against Stanford, 1:30 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: After scoring 44 at Washington State, the Beavers managed only 8 against Utah. They may not get any more against Stanford's tough defense.
11. Washington State (3-5, 1-4)
Last week: Lost to Oregon 43-28
This week: At Cal, 4:30 p.m. MT, CSNCA, ROOT-NW
Note: The Cougars gave Oregon a decent game last week, but appear to be spinning their way to another bowl-less losing season.
12. Colorado (1-8, 0-5)
Last week: Lost to Arizona State 48-14
This week: Home against USC, Friday, 7 p.m. MT, ESPN
Note: It doesn't get any easier for the Buffs against an angry Trojan team, except the game will be played in Boulder.
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- College Football: Utah moves back into top...
- Utah Jazz excited for a crack at undefeated...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 103
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 61
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 45
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 36
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 30
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for... 28