WASHINGTON — Herman Cain's presidential campaign is accusing rival Rick Perry's operation of being behind stories about sexual harassment allegations against Cain in the 1990s.
Cain's campaign manager says the Texas governor should apologize to Cain for providing information about the harassment allegations to the news media.
Perry's people deny any involvement in the story. Spokesman Ray Sullivan says the Perry campaign learned of the allegations when Politico first published the story late Sunday evening.
Cain specifically blames a Perry consultant, Curt Anderson. He says he told Anderson about the sexual harassment allegations when Anderson was working on Cain's 2004 Senate campaign.
- Heroes 2014: Ex-CIA officer uses...
- What the Senate’s tax break extensions...
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- New Russian military doctrine says NATO top...
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan combat
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Officials suggest possibility of reforming...
- How to help find a cure for Ebola from the...
- Obama 's Christmas in Hawaii: Carols,... 16
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 14
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 11
- On Christmas, Obama marks end of Afghan... 11
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Judge seems skeptical of challenge to... 4
- Bergdahl investigation report goes to... 4