WASHINGTON — Herman Cain's presidential campaign is accusing rival Rick Perry's operation of being behind stories about sexual harassment allegations against Cain in the 1990s.
Cain's campaign manager says the Texas governor should apologize to Cain for providing information about the harassment allegations to the news media.
Perry's people deny any involvement in the story. Spokesman Ray Sullivan says the Perry campaign learned of the allegations when Politico first published the story late Sunday evening.
Cain specifically blames a Perry consultant, Curt Anderson. He says he told Anderson about the sexual harassment allegations when Anderson was working on Cain's 2004 Senate campaign.
- Photos of unicyclist riding in Utah snowstorm...
- Target: 40 million card accounts may be breached
- Spending habits of families receiving public...
- Obamacare chaos now spreads to individual...
- Dear Santa: Funny and touching Christmas...
- Trust in clergy hits all-time low in Gallup poll
- Wage gap between men and women almost closed...
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for America
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay... 143
- New Mexico legalizes same-sex marriage 48
- Pennsylvania pastor defrocked after... 39
- Spending habits of families receiving... 34
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a... 24
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year... 22
- Associated Press survey: United States... 21
- New York senator wants paid family and... 19