WASHINGTON — Herman Cain's presidential campaign is accusing rival Rick Perry's operation of being behind stories about sexual harassment allegations against Cain in the 1990s.
Cain's campaign manager says the Texas governor should apologize to Cain for providing information about the harassment allegations to the news media.
Perry's people deny any involvement in the story. Spokesman Ray Sullivan says the Perry campaign learned of the allegations when Politico first published the story late Sunday evening.
Cain specifically blames a Perry consultant, Curt Anderson. He says he told Anderson about the sexual harassment allegations when Anderson was working on Cain's 2004 Senate campaign.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- NFL says Husain Abdullah should not have been...
- At least 31 believed dead at Japanese volcano...
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic State threat
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be stopped,...
- Game officials: Antelope poached near Casper
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 23
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 13
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 9
- Parents of Michael Brown unmoved by... 7