Julio Cortez, File, Associated Press
A state-by-state look at some of the effects of the late October storm that shocked the Northeast during the weekend with up to 32 inches of snow. Nearly 1.2 million people were still without power Wednesday, and at least 27 deaths, including one in Canada, were blamed on the storm through traffic accidents, electrocutions or other causes.
About 548,000 Connecticut electricity customers remained without power Wednesday morning. Jeffrey Butler, president of Connecticut Light & Power Co., joined Gov. Dannel P. Malloy at a news conference and said the company is on track to fix 99 percent of the remaining outages by Sunday.
More than 220,000 Massachusetts homes and businesses remain without power Wednesday morning. At the height of the weekend storm that dropped more than two feet of snow on some parts of the state, more than 670,000 customers were in the dark.
About 86,000 homes and businesses were without power Wednesday morning. That's down from a peak outage of 315,000 during the height of the weekend storm. Utilities continue to say it will likely be several more days before restoration is complete.
About 180,000 homes and businesses were still without electricity as of Wednesday morning. More than a dozen school districts in northern New Jersey remained closed Wednesday. Some districts were worried that they would use all their anticipated snow days before the winter even started.
About 80,000 electricity customers were without power Wednesday morning, down from more than 300,000.
More than 58,000 customers in eastern Pennsylvania were still without power Wednesday morning. About 34,000 of those outages were reported in Berks and Lehigh counties, where a few school districts remained closed.
- Live at the GOP convention: Donald Trump...
- Group: Half of Syrian refugee kids in Lebanon...
- Marilyn Monroe's tresses and dresses going up...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Utah pledges all votes to Cruz after Trump...
- Trump's party: What to watch on GOP...
- Friends recall slain officers as residents...
- No sign of Trump endorsement, but plenty of...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 39
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Trump speechwriter apologizes for... 27
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 25
- Thunderous boos for Cruz for refusing... 22