BYU football notebook: J.D. Falslev honored for his punt return
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Falslev, a Logan native, returned a punt 67 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter in a 38-28 loss to the Horned Frogs. The Cougars trailed 35-13 when Falslev scored the TD, marking BYU's first punt return for a touchdown since McKay Jacobson accomplished the feat on Nov. 9, 2006 — a span of 64 games.
Two Notre Dame players were also honored. Wide receiver Michael Floyd caught six passes for 121 yards and a touchdown in the Fighting Irish's 56-14 victory over Navy to earn offensive player of the week honors. Floyd is Notre Dame's career leader in receptions, touchdowns and receiving yards.
Linebacker Manti Te'o, who received defensive player of the week recognition, recorded a game-high 13 tackles, including 2.5 tackles-for-loss.
UNDER THE LIGHTS: There are more late night games in store for BYU.
ESPN announced Monday the kickoff times and broadcast information for the Cougars' final two home games. On Nov. 12, BYU will host Idaho at 7:15 p.m. MT on ESPN2. On Nov. 19, the Cougars face New Mexico State at 8:15 p.m. MT on ESPNU.
BYU's final regular season game, at Hawaii on Dec. 3, will start at 5:30 p.m. MT on ESPN2, as was announced previously.
In all, 10 of the Cougars' 12 regular season games were, or will be, televised on an ESPN network, including four on ESPN, four on ESPN2 and two on ESPNU.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14