BYU football notebook: J.D. Falslev honored for his punt return
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Falslev, a Logan native, returned a punt 67 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter in a 38-28 loss to the Horned Frogs. The Cougars trailed 35-13 when Falslev scored the TD, marking BYU's first punt return for a touchdown since McKay Jacobson accomplished the feat on Nov. 9, 2006 — a span of 64 games.
Two Notre Dame players were also honored. Wide receiver Michael Floyd caught six passes for 121 yards and a touchdown in the Fighting Irish's 56-14 victory over Navy to earn offensive player of the week honors. Floyd is Notre Dame's career leader in receptions, touchdowns and receiving yards.
Linebacker Manti Te'o, who received defensive player of the week recognition, recorded a game-high 13 tackles, including 2.5 tackles-for-loss.
UNDER THE LIGHTS: There are more late night games in store for BYU.
ESPN announced Monday the kickoff times and broadcast information for the Cougars' final two home games. On Nov. 12, BYU will host Idaho at 7:15 p.m. MT on ESPN2. On Nov. 19, the Cougars face New Mexico State at 8:15 p.m. MT on ESPNU.
BYU's final regular season game, at Hawaii on Dec. 3, will start at 5:30 p.m. MT on ESPN2, as was announced previously.
In all, 10 of the Cougars' 12 regular season games were, or will be, televised on an ESPN network, including four on ESPN, four on ESPN2 and two on ESPNU.
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 19
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Doug Robinson: Principals give era of... 6