BYU football notebook: J.D. Falslev honored for his punt return
Laura Seitz, Deseret News
Falslev, a Logan native, returned a punt 67 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter in a 38-28 loss to the Horned Frogs. The Cougars trailed 35-13 when Falslev scored the TD, marking BYU's first punt return for a touchdown since McKay Jacobson accomplished the feat on Nov. 9, 2006 — a span of 64 games.
Two Notre Dame players were also honored. Wide receiver Michael Floyd caught six passes for 121 yards and a touchdown in the Fighting Irish's 56-14 victory over Navy to earn offensive player of the week honors. Floyd is Notre Dame's career leader in receptions, touchdowns and receiving yards.
Linebacker Manti Te'o, who received defensive player of the week recognition, recorded a game-high 13 tackles, including 2.5 tackles-for-loss.
UNDER THE LIGHTS: There are more late night games in store for BYU.
ESPN announced Monday the kickoff times and broadcast information for the Cougars' final two home games. On Nov. 12, BYU will host Idaho at 7:15 p.m. MT on ESPN2. On Nov. 19, the Cougars face New Mexico State at 8:15 p.m. MT on ESPNU.
BYU's final regular season game, at Hawaii on Dec. 3, will start at 5:30 p.m. MT on ESPN2, as was announced previously.
In all, 10 of the Cougars' 12 regular season games were, or will be, televised on an ESPN network, including four on ESPN, four on ESPN2 and two on ESPNU.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22