"I think our fans, they're happy, and I'm happy for them," Gore said. "There's been some rough years, they've had some rough years and they've always been there and now we're doing something really great for them."
San Francisco hasn't been to the playoffs or had a winning season since 2002, and Harbaugh in a matter of months already is being spoken of in the same sentence as the late Hall of Famer Bill Walsh when it comes to San Francisco's all-time coaching talent.
While most coaches preach preparing for the next game and not looking beyond, that's not Harbaugh. He does it his way — and, you bet, he's thinking about what must be done now to succeed in the playoffs come January.
"Generally, it's just a philosophy of life, of how we approach things as a team," Harbaugh said. "There's the one philosophy that is yesterday's a mystery, tomorrow's a mystery, we live for the present, it's a gift, that kind of thing. That's not us. We reject that.
"We live for the future. To make tomorrow better. To make this Sunday better. Everything we can do today so that we can have a better future."
Many of his players are starting to sound an awful lot like their head coach lately. Smith is all about the team whenever he speaks — and he's not the only one.
"Who's got it better than us," tweeted special teams standout Blake Costanzo, using one of Harbaugh's catch phrases. "Nooooooobody livvvin in full effect."
Notes: San Francisco OL Alex Boone played Sunday before returning to Cleveland to be with wife, Dana, who gave birth Sunday to the couple's first child, a baby boy. ... WR Braylon Edwards felt fine after his first game back on his surgically repaired right knee, Harbaugh said. Edwards had four catches in his first action since getting hurt in a Week 2 overtime loss to the Cowboys.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19