Marcio Jose Sanchez, Associated Press
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Joe Staley relished his shining moment after the offensive lineman caught a 17-yard pass for a first down and celebrated madly. Nose tackle and part-time fullback Isaac Sopoaga got into the action with an 18-yard reception.
The San Francisco 49ers know they're going well when the big boys are catching balls. They know things are right when a flat second half still leads to a 10-point victory. And, when, before October is over, the team already holds a commanding four-game lead in the NFC West.
And the way they have set themselves up, Jim Harbaugh's 49ers (6-1) could clinch their division and the franchise's first playoff berth in nine years before that highly anticipated matchup with the coach's big brother, John, and the Baltimore Ravens on Thanksgiving.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33