Finally, here's your sad golf story of the week.
Australian James Nitties went into last week's Nationwide Tournament ranked No. 21 on the money list, precariously on the edge of the Top 25, which would give him a spot on the PGA Tour next year.
Nitties had shot rounds of 68 and 69 good for fourth place and was poised to make a nice move up the money list.
However, he overslept on Saturday and missed his tee time.
Understandable, except that Nitties' tee time was at 12:30 p.m. 12:30!
He blamed it on some cold medicine he took the night before causing him to sleep through his alarm.
Nitties still had one more chance to stay in the Top 25 with a good showing in the final Nationwide event this past weekend.
Alas, he only tied for 35th place and ended up — you guessed it, No. 26 on the money list.
- BYU basketball: Confident San Francisco...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Basketball bonds: Hoops have tied Utah star...
- David Stockton, son of John, saves the day...
- Utah Jazz: Boos for Paul Millsap?...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- High school boys basketball: Underdog...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 67
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 57
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 34
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 26