Finally, here's your sad golf story of the week.
Australian James Nitties went into last week's Nationwide Tournament ranked No. 21 on the money list, precariously on the edge of the Top 25, which would give him a spot on the PGA Tour next year.
Nitties had shot rounds of 68 and 69 good for fourth place and was poised to make a nice move up the money list.
However, he overslept on Saturday and missed his tee time.
Understandable, except that Nitties' tee time was at 12:30 p.m. 12:30!
He blamed it on some cold medicine he took the night before causing him to sleep through his alarm.
Nitties still had one more chance to stay in the Top 25 with a good showing in the final Nationwide event this past weekend.
Alas, he only tied for 35th place and ended up — you guessed it, No. 26 on the money list.
- BYU basketball: Former Cougar basketball...
- BYU football: Kyle Van Noy accepts invitation...
- Utah basketball: Big, loud Huntsman Center...
- Commentary: For the Jazz, it's all about 2016-17
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com...
- Deseret News' high school football MVPs 1997-...
- Utah State basketball: Leading scorer Jarred...
- Utah Jazz: NBA taking notice of Jazz rookie...
- BYU, Utah basketball: Fast start lifts... 153
- Utah basketball: Utes looking forward... 55
- BYU digs early hole, can't recover in... 40
- Brad Rock: Utah, BYU coaches keep it in... 36
- BYU men's basketball: UNLV's Jamal... 33
- Utah basketball: Ute sophomore Jordan... 29
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com... 28
- BYU, Utah basketball report card: Utes... 25