Alvaro Saborio had a very good chance in the eight minute when his header went wide off a perfectly placed Morales free kick. His security tap in goal off Wingert's goal/assist in the 42nd minute was evidence that Saborio was just very good Saturday night at being in the right place at the right time. Once again, his positioning in front of the goal in the 53rd minute was world class and the resulting back-heel goal was no less so. Grade: A
Fabian Espindola had his best chance of the first half when he danced along the 18-yard line through two defenders and got a terrific shot off with his favorite left foot that once again, Keller was equal to. Espindola was at his best when running at the defense. His speed and peskiness kept Seattle on its heels all night long. Grade: A-
Chris Schuler may have had his best defensive game of the season Saturday night. Not only did he fill in for the injured Olave he seemed to have picked up a little of the speed and physicality the big Colombian left on the field. He muscled his way into a handful of strong and effective challenges and along with Borchers built a wall in front of the goal that made it very tough for Freddy Montero, Ochoa or the subbed in Mike Fucito to get a decent shot off from the center of the box. Grade: A-
Ned Grabavoy came on in the 79th minute for a tired Morales and picked up right where Morales left off with solid passing and fresh pressure that saw him put the nail in the coffin for Seattle with an 88th minute goal. Grade: A
Luis Gil was subbed on in the 84th minute for an injured Borchers, taking Johnson's right midfield position with Johnson dropping back to play left fullback. He didn't figure into the run of play enough to earn a grade in the final minutes of the game. Grade: Incomplete
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 114
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 45