Utah Utes basketball: Larry Krystkowiak shares his football knowledge
LOS ANGELES — At Friday's Pac-12 Basketball Media Day, Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak was asked about college football being the driving force before behind conference realignment.
"If football is the reason we're in the Pac-12, then I'm a really big fan of football," Krsytkowiak said after noting that he doesn't really pay attention to what's happening in football — even though he thinks Kyle Whittingham and the Utes have a great program.
I just try to focus on basketball," Krystkowiak said. "I know a little bit about basketball and being around the game."
Krystkowiak, as it turned out, revealed he also knew a little bit about Utah football. He witnessed three of the Utes' setbacks this season.
"It just kind of reinforces what a turnover here, what a turnover there can mean," Krystkowiak said. "Because we've turned the ball over a number of times down on the 5-yard line, all of a sudden you're 0-4 when you very easily be could 3-1 if the ball bounces a little differently.
"So that is about as much as I know about football," he added.
— Dirk Facer
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 138
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 67
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33