Utah Utes basketball: Larry Krystkowiak shares his football knowledge
LOS ANGELES — At Friday's Pac-12 Basketball Media Day, Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak was asked about college football being the driving force before behind conference realignment.
"If football is the reason we're in the Pac-12, then I'm a really big fan of football," Krsytkowiak said after noting that he doesn't really pay attention to what's happening in football — even though he thinks Kyle Whittingham and the Utes have a great program.
I just try to focus on basketball," Krystkowiak said. "I know a little bit about basketball and being around the game."
Krystkowiak, as it turned out, revealed he also knew a little bit about Utah football. He witnessed three of the Utes' setbacks this season.
"It just kind of reinforces what a turnover here, what a turnover there can mean," Krystkowiak said. "Because we've turned the ball over a number of times down on the 5-yard line, all of a sudden you're 0-4 when you very easily be could 3-1 if the ball bounces a little differently.
"So that is about as much as I know about football," he added.
— Dirk Facer
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22