Utah Utes basketball: Larry Krystkowiak shares his football knowledge
LOS ANGELES — At Friday's Pac-12 Basketball Media Day, Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak was asked about college football being the driving force before behind conference realignment.
"If football is the reason we're in the Pac-12, then I'm a really big fan of football," Krsytkowiak said after noting that he doesn't really pay attention to what's happening in football — even though he thinks Kyle Whittingham and the Utes have a great program.
I just try to focus on basketball," Krystkowiak said. "I know a little bit about basketball and being around the game."
Krystkowiak, as it turned out, revealed he also knew a little bit about Utah football. He witnessed three of the Utes' setbacks this season.
"It just kind of reinforces what a turnover here, what a turnover there can mean," Krystkowiak said. "Because we've turned the ball over a number of times down on the 5-yard line, all of a sudden you're 0-4 when you very easily be could 3-1 if the ball bounces a little differently.
"So that is about as much as I know about football," he added.
— Dirk Facer
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24