Utah Utes basketball: Larry Krystkowiak shares his football knowledge
LOS ANGELES — At Friday's Pac-12 Basketball Media Day, Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak was asked about college football being the driving force before behind conference realignment.
"If football is the reason we're in the Pac-12, then I'm a really big fan of football," Krsytkowiak said after noting that he doesn't really pay attention to what's happening in football — even though he thinks Kyle Whittingham and the Utes have a great program.
I just try to focus on basketball," Krystkowiak said. "I know a little bit about basketball and being around the game."
Krystkowiak, as it turned out, revealed he also knew a little bit about Utah football. He witnessed three of the Utes' setbacks this season.
"It just kind of reinforces what a turnover here, what a turnover there can mean," Krystkowiak said. "Because we've turned the ball over a number of times down on the 5-yard line, all of a sudden you're 0-4 when you very easily be could 3-1 if the ball bounces a little differently.
"So that is about as much as I know about football," he added.
— Dirk Facer
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Hood, Hayward help Jazz eclipse Suns for...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- Oregon overpowers Utes for 76-66 victory
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 100
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 59
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 32
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22