LOS ANGELES — At Friday's Pac-12 Basketball Media Day, Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak was asked about college football being the driving force before behind conference realignment.
"If football is the reason we're in the Pac-12, then I'm a really big fan of football," Krsytkowiak said after noting that he doesn't really pay attention to what's happening in football — even though he thinks Kyle Whittingham and the Utes have a great program.
I just try to focus on basketball," Krystkowiak said. "I know a little bit about basketball and being around the game."
Krystkowiak, as it turned out, revealed he also knew a little bit about Utah football. He witnessed three of the Utes' setbacks this season.
"It just kind of reinforces what a turnover here, what a turnover there can mean," Krystkowiak said. "Because we've turned the ball over a number of times down on the 5-yard line, all of a sudden you're 0-4 when you very easily be could 3-1 if the ball bounces a little differently.
"So that is about as much as I know about football," he added.
— Dirk Facer
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Power rankings: Pac-12, WCC, MWC men's...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 101
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 70
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 51
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill... 37