A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Broadcasts:CES fireside, President Boyd K. Packer, Nov. 6, 6 p.m. MST
Phoenix:Time Out for Women, Nov. 4-5 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
Temple Hill:"God's Plan for His Family," opened Aug. 6, Oakland Temple Visitors' Center; A-Day Commemoration Musical Fireside, Oct. 29, Oakland Interstake Center Auditorium, 7 p.m.
Bay Area Genesis Group
Bay Area Genesis Group: Talent show, Nov. 12, 4-5:40 p.m., Oakland Interstake Center, 4780 Lincoln Ave., Oakland
Polynesian Cultural Center:
Polynesian Cultural Center:Haunted Lagoon, Oct. 29 and 31, 6:30 p.m. (tickets required; see www.hauntedlagoon.com or call 800-367-7060 or 808-293-3333 for cost, information or reservations)
BYU football fireside:
BYU football fireside:Dec. 2, Makakilo Stake Center, 92-900 Makakilo Drive
BYU-Idaho:Golden Dragon Acrobats of China, Nov. 5, 7:30 p.m., Hart Auditorium (tickets required, call 208-496-3170 or www.byui.edu/tickets.
Idaho Falls Temple Visitors' Center:
Idaho Falls Temple Visitors' Center:"The Healing Power of Christ" sculpture display by Angela Johnson, through Jan. 1
Kansas City:Time Out for Women, Nov. 4-5 (see deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center:
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center:Humanitarian Exhibit, "Love Thy Neighbor," through October, open daily 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.; YSA fireside/concert, Jon Schmidt, Oct. 30, 7 p.m.; Night of Music and Inspiration, Nov. 15, 7:30 p.m.; An Evening of Harp Music: Barbra Bailey Bradley and Phoebe Suh, Nov. 19, 7 p.m.; National Bible Association: Concert of Praise, Nov. 20, 6 p.m. (see mormon.org/dc)
Mormon Trail Center:
Mormon Trail Center:A Prairie Pioneer Legacy: A Family History Conference, Oct. 29, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters, 3215 State St., Omaha (register at www.earlylds.com or email email@example.com); 26th Annual Gingerbread Festival "The Joys of Childhood," Nov. 19-Dec. 31, 9 a.m.-9 p.m., Mormon Trail Center at Historic Winter Quarters, 3215 State St., Omaha (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas)
South Carolina YSA:
South Carolina YSA:Christmas Dance, Dec. 9, Dutch Fork building
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. The Mormon Times calendar list for events in the United States and Canada are published on Saturdays. To submit an event, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact name and phone number. Events are due noon Wednesday for Saturday's calendar.
- Normons: A site to prove just how normal...
- LDS teacher mourns loss of two former...
- 'Walking Dead,' 'Doctor Who' stars attend...
- Wright Words: What do you tell a prospective...
- Florida governor visits Mormon Fort...
- New study by sociologist Mark Regnerus...
- The story behind the missionary reality TV...
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million times
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Normons: A site to prove just how... 42
- Half of Americans skeptical of Big Bang 32
- Wright Words: What do you tell a... 25
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge... 21
- LDS Easter video viewed over 5 million... 18
- Most voters favor prayer, minus Jesus,... 16
- Whats New: 'Sacred Hymns' is a moving CD 8