Ravell Call, Deseret News
Friday, 6 p.m.
Cowboys Stadium (80,000)
Surface, Field Turf
Radio: 1160AM, 102.7FM
Weather: Partly cloudy, with temperatures in the mid 60s
For TCU ... the Horned Frogs, who are Big 12-bound, have already lost two games this season. They're looking to show that they are still worthy of being considered a national power.
For BYU ... the Cougars would love to end a three-game losing streak to TCU after back-to-back-to-back humiliating losses.
For TCU ... the Frogs haven't lost to a team outside of Texas since the 2010 Fiesta Bowl against Boise State.
For BYU ... the Cougars have won five consecutive games overall. BYU is 5-2 at neutral sites under coach Bronco Mendenhall.
TCU will win if ... the Frogs can get pressure on quarterback Riley Nelson, force turnovers and run the ball consistently.
BYU will win if ... the Cougars can avoid mistakes and not allow TCU to make big plays offensively and defensively. BYU needs to get off to a fast start and build momentum.
Player to watch
Riley Nelson, BYU quarterback: The Cougar QB will be making his fourth consecutive start. He's undefeated as a starter, but can he work his magic against a tough defensive team like TCU?
BYU's offensive line vs. TCU's front seven: The Cougar O-line must provide protection for Nelson. In previous meetings, the Frogs have been able to get sacks and force turnovers because of its pressure on the quarterback.
TCU: Left tackle Michael Thompson is out for the season after suffering a knee injury last week against New Mexico.
BYU: Defensive linemen Hebron Fangupo (ankle) and Romney Fuga (knee), who were injured in the Oregon State game, are expected to return to action after being sidelined last week against Idaho State.
TCU visits Wyoming on Nov. 5. BYU has a bye next week before hosting Idaho on Nov. 12.
Date Opponent Time (TV)/result
Sept. 3 at Ole Miss W, 14-13
Sept. 10 at Texas L, 17-16
Sept. 17 vs. Utah L, 54-10
Sept. 23 vs. UCF W, 24-17
Sept. 30 vs. Utah St. W, 27-24
Oct. 08vs. San Jose St.W, 29-16
Oct. 15 at Oregon St. W, 38-28
Oct. 22 vs. Idaho St. W, 56-3
Oct. 28 at TCU 6 p.m. (ESPN)
Nov.12 vs. Idaho TBA (ESPN*)
Nov. 19vs. New Mexico St.TBA (ESPN*)
Dec. 3 at Hawai'i5:30 p.m. (ESPN2)
*To be aired on one of the ESPN networks
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 64
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 45
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34