EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — The Minnesota Vikings receiver corps is a unit in turmoil these days, with veteran Bernard Berrian getting shown the door for underperforming earlier this week.
That just means the receivers who are still around have to work that much harder to make sure rookie quarterback Christian Ponder gets up to speed as quickly as possible. Ponder made his first career start in a 33-27 loss to the Green Bay Packers last weekend.
This week he faces fellow rookie Cam Newton, the No. 1 overall pick who has surprised some with his immediate success in Carolina. Newton credits veteran receiver Steve Smith with helping ease his transition from Auburn to the Panthers.
Ponder says he has developed a good rapport with his receivers and he only expects that to improve.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42