Weber State Basketball: Bamforth, Lillard and Bullinger have strong showings in scrimmage
OGDEN — Fans got their first look at the Weber State men's basketball team Wednesday night during the annual Purple and White scrimmage at the Dee Events Center. The Wildcats, who are picked to win the Big Sky title, had some strong showings in the 20-minute scrimmage.
Junior guard Scott Bamforth led the team with 20 points shooting 6-of-10 from the field, including knocking down three 3-pointers.
In his first game action since breaking his foot last December junior guard Damian Lillard finished with 14 points on 6-of-11 shooting from the field.
Senior Kyle Bullinger finished with seven points and also led the team with seven rebounds.
Junior transfer Davion Berry had 16 points and was 6-of-7 from the field. Berry will sit out this season after transferring to Weber State from Cal State Monterrey Bay.
"Our team was excited to be out and play in front of our fans," said WSU head coach Randy Rahe, who enters his sixth season as head coach. "I thought at times we executed well and shot the ball well. It was a good chance to work on some things. We still have a lot of work to do defensively and that is the No. 1 thing we're working on now."
As a team Weber State shot 57 percent from the field, including 11-25 from 3-point land.
The Wildcats will next be in action Nov. 7 for an exhibition game with Colorado-Colorado Springs. The regular season begins Nov. 11 with a home game with Northern New Mexico.
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- Home hasn't been so sweet in Pac-12 play
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 44
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 38
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20