SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Brian Kelly wants a Jumbotron at Notre Dame Stadium.
The Irish coach said Wednesday night that a big scoreboard that can show replays is the next step in creating an "incredible" atmosphere at the old stadium.
Notre Dame piped in music over the P.A. system for its rare night game Saturday against Southern California, including playing Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" when the defense was facing third down.
Notre Dame has largely resisted the in-game entertainment that's a staple at most stadiums. The stadium, originally built in 1930, didn't even have permanent lights until it was renovated before the 1997 season.
Kelly says adding a Jumbotron isn't his call. But he says it's no secret he wants one as he tries to improve the atmosphere at Notre Dame Stadium.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20