Mike Sorensen looks at how the Pac-12 stacks up going into Week 9.
1. Stanford (7-0, 5-0)
Last week: Defeated Washington 65-21
This week: At USC, 6 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: Last week was much easier than expected against Washington, but the Trojans could be a handful on the road.
2. Oregon (6-1, 4-0)
Last week: Defeated Colorado 45-2
This week: Home against Washington State, 1 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: It looks like another easy Pac-12 win for the Ducks, who have won 16 straight conference games.
3. Arizona State (5-2, 3-1)
Last week: Bye
This week: Home against Colorado, 4:30 p.m. MT, FSN AZ/ROOT
Note: The Sun Devils can become bowl eligible with a victory against the struggling Buffaloes.
4. USC (6-1, 3-1)
Last week: Defeated Notre Dame 31-17
This week: Home against Stanford, 6 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: Perhaps this is the Trojans' bowl game since they are ineligible to go bowling this year.
5. Washington (5-2, 3-1)
Last week: Lost to Stanford 65-21
This week: Home against Arizona, 8:30 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: Following the humiliating loss to Stanford, the Huskies will try to regroup against the rejuvenated Wildcats.
6. Cal (4-3, 1-3)
Last week: Defeated Utah 34-10
This week: At UCLA, 5 p.m. MT, Prime Ticket
Note: After getting on the Pac-12 winning track last week, the Bears can now look to move up the standings and secure a bowl berth.
7. Arizona (2-5, 1-4)
Last week: Defeated UCLA 48-12
This week: At Washington, 8:30 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: The Wildcats came out like gangbusters under interim coach Tim Kish last week, racing to a 42-7 halftime lead. They'll try to keep it going against one of league's better teams without several suspended players.
8. Oregon State (2-5, 2-2)
Last week: Defeated Washington State 44-21
This week: At Utah, 5 p.m., KJZZ/ROOT RM
Note: The Beavers are starting to round into form with a bunch of key freshmen and will look for their second straight road win this week in Salt Lake.
9. UCLA (3-4, 2-2)
Last week: Lost to Arizona 48-12
This week: California, 5 p.m. MT, Prime Ticket
Note: The Bruins' South title hopes are gone, but they can still find their way to a bowl game with three more wins.
10. Washington State (3-4, 1-3)
Last week: Lost to Oregon State 44-21
This week: At Oregon, 1 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: After a promising start, the Cougars are back to their old ways. If they lose to lowly Oregon State by 23 at home, can you imagine what will happen on the road against No. 7 Oregon?
11. Utah (3-4, 0-4)
Last week: Lost to Cal 34-10
This week: Oregon State, 5 p.m. MT, KJZZ/ROOT RM
Note: The Utes are still looking for their first Pac-12 win. This is their best chance yet, but they must find an offense and lose those turnovers.
12. Colorado (1-7, 0-4)
Last week: Lost to Oregon 45-2
This week: At Arizona State, 4:30 p.m. MT, ROOT/ROOT RM
Note: The injury-plagued Buffs rank 117th in the nation in scoring defense and rank low in several other defensive categories. They won't get any relief against another high-scoring team this week.
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 66
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 48
- Annual instate college basketball... 37