Mike Sorensen looks at how the Pac-12 stacks up going into Week 9.
1. Stanford (7-0, 5-0)
Last week: Defeated Washington 65-21
This week: At USC, 6 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: Last week was much easier than expected against Washington, but the Trojans could be a handful on the road.
2. Oregon (6-1, 4-0)
Last week: Defeated Colorado 45-2
This week: Home against Washington State, 1 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: It looks like another easy Pac-12 win for the Ducks, who have won 16 straight conference games.
3. Arizona State (5-2, 3-1)
Last week: Bye
This week: Home against Colorado, 4:30 p.m. MT, FSN AZ/ROOT
Note: The Sun Devils can become bowl eligible with a victory against the struggling Buffaloes.
4. USC (6-1, 3-1)
Last week: Defeated Notre Dame 31-17
This week: Home against Stanford, 6 p.m. MT, ABC
Note: Perhaps this is the Trojans' bowl game since they are ineligible to go bowling this year.
5. Washington (5-2, 3-1)
Last week: Lost to Stanford 65-21
This week: Home against Arizona, 8:30 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: Following the humiliating loss to Stanford, the Huskies will try to regroup against the rejuvenated Wildcats.
6. Cal (4-3, 1-3)
Last week: Defeated Utah 34-10
This week: At UCLA, 5 p.m. MT, Prime Ticket
Note: After getting on the Pac-12 winning track last week, the Bears can now look to move up the standings and secure a bowl berth.
7. Arizona (2-5, 1-4)
Last week: Defeated UCLA 48-12
This week: At Washington, 8:30 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: The Wildcats came out like gangbusters under interim coach Tim Kish last week, racing to a 42-7 halftime lead. They'll try to keep it going against one of league's better teams without several suspended players.
8. Oregon State (2-5, 2-2)
Last week: Defeated Washington State 44-21
This week: At Utah, 5 p.m., KJZZ/ROOT RM
Note: The Beavers are starting to round into form with a bunch of key freshmen and will look for their second straight road win this week in Salt Lake.
9. UCLA (3-4, 2-2)
Last week: Lost to Arizona 48-12
This week: California, 5 p.m. MT, Prime Ticket
Note: The Bruins' South title hopes are gone, but they can still find their way to a bowl game with three more wins.
10. Washington State (3-4, 1-3)
Last week: Lost to Oregon State 44-21
This week: At Oregon, 1 p.m. MT, ROOT
Note: After a promising start, the Cougars are back to their old ways. If they lose to lowly Oregon State by 23 at home, can you imagine what will happen on the road against No. 7 Oregon?
11. Utah (3-4, 0-4)
Last week: Lost to Cal 34-10
This week: Oregon State, 5 p.m. MT, KJZZ/ROOT RM
Note: The Utes are still looking for their first Pac-12 win. This is their best chance yet, but they must find an offense and lose those turnovers.
12. Colorado (1-7, 0-4)
Last week: Lost to Oregon 45-2
This week: At Arizona State, 4:30 p.m. MT, ROOT/ROOT RM
Note: The injury-plagued Buffs rank 117th in the nation in scoring defense and rank low in several other defensive categories. They won't get any relief against another high-scoring team this week.
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 35
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 26
- Utah basketball: No. 14 Runnin' Utes... 18